Videos stopped playing on facebook [Merged]

Agreed. :-TU

Yes my wife has reported the fault and I have advised my friends affected to do likewise.

And an excellent moderator you are too. :wink:

I’m in the UK and they certainly don’t work fine for me…hence my cry for help by starting this subject lol. Chromodo and Dragon don’t play the FB videos but Chrome plays them just fine

So this is a FB issue??

Seems like it. This is effecting all Chromium based browsers other then Google Chrome. Report the issue to fagbook…Whoops i meant to say Facebook lol

Not sure there seem to be numerous reason why please try what is suggest by one member.

I don’t use Ad Sanitizer… :-TD

it is not Ad Sanitizer
it is not facebook that blocks
it is comodo dragon and chromodo that have problems
please fix it.

Hi euroruck,
I am not agreeing or disagreeing, but how come the video issue is mostly or entirely only occurring with FB clips?

Thanks.

chrome, ie, firefox, work.
it is interesting to know if facebook can recognise dragon
yes i do not know if facebook blocks
thanks

Downgrading to Version 36.1 of Dragon and/or Chromodo Fixes the Issue.

Then Disable Automatic Updates in Settings.

I happened to have both saved in my downloads.

You can get Dragon 36.1 from here (You will need to uninstall v43 first and Remove User Profile)
Note: Sign in in settings with a Google login to save everything then sign in on 36.1 to restore everything.

or

Unfortunately I cannot locate a download for Comodo Chromium Secure 36.1 … the one in this forum takes you to 43.3 now :frowning:

Hi TheDukeUK,
I would like to suggest keeping Dragon 43 installed and up to date for general use and install Dragon 36 (Portable) only for use with the troublesome site that doesn’t play well with the latest version. :slight_smile:
Note: The portable version is independent from the installed version.

Kind regards.

We spend all our online time on Facebook :slight_smile: So there’s always a few Facebook tabs even if we are looking at other sites :wink: I am not affected, it’s only my wife that is. So my Dragon and Chromodo are up to date.

Hopefully someone will be petitioning Facebook to have the block removed and this will only be short term.

Thanks for the suggestion. It may suit other users.

i download comodo dragon but i have problem with video … i can`t open any video on facebook …
please help me

Hi and welcome eslamtagaldeen,
It is a known issue.
I have split and merged your post into an existing topic on the same subject matter.

Kind regards.

I did post a few posts up how to work around this eslamtagaldeen. You could also use Comodo Ice Dragon wherein Facebook videos work fine for everyone.

Here’s my post on Facebook about working around the issue. Which, by the way, seems to be all Facebook’s doing.

Workaround for Dragon

Downgrading to Version 36.1 of Dragon Fixes the Issue.

After installing 36.1 Disable Automatic Updates in Settings and do not accept any update requests.

Note: Before uninstalling v43 Sign in in settings with a Google login to save everything then sign in on v36.1 to restore everything.

You can get Dragon 36.1 from here (You will need to uninstall v43 first and Remove User Profile)

or

Workaround for Chromodo

Downgrading to Version 36.1 of Chromodo (Chromium Secure) Fixes the Issue.

After installing 36.1 Disable Automatic Updates in Settings and do not accept any update requests.

Note: Before uninstalling v43 Sign in in settings with a Google login to save everything then sign in on v36.1 to restore everything.

You can download Comodo Chromium Secure 36.1 from my online Google Drive.
Uninstall Chromodo first and check box to remove user profile.

Comodo Chromium Secure 36.1

To be honest, I haven’t tried watching videos on FB on Dragon very often because I knew it wouldn’t play. I try every morning, including today, but not since then. I’m in Europe so that is about 12 hours ago.

But, just now, I decided to log into my personal account (which I normally use with Dragon; a page I admin, I use with Chrome so I don’t have to log in and out all the time and can have both open at the same time.) on Opera. I forgot my password and got sent a new one via email, logged in on Opera (this normally logs me out on another browser, but for some reason I stayed logged in on Dragon) and watched a video there.

Then I went back to Dragon to see that I was still logged in. Tried to watch what I thought was a Youtube vid, but it was a FB vid and it worked.

So, try logging out and back in or try logging in on another browser.

Or, maybe it was just a coincidence and something got fixed on FB’s or Comodo’s side.

Whatever it is, I’m back to normal.

You are spot on with that TheDukeUK…I too have just tried my wifes facebook login and the videos work fine…BUT when I sign back in as myself the same video’s dont play!!! What’s going on here???

Works for me on Dragon tonight…I just found if you click a facebook embedded video and immediately it opens to the black screen - right click and hit “open in a new tab”, it will open windows media player and the clip plays perfectly :-TU
Hope that works for everyone?

I’m in Denmark BTW. Had no facebook embedded clips access for 2 weeks, so I’m happy with my work around! :smiley: