Version 3.8 is really unstable

I switched to 3.8 from 3.5 version.
And I started having problems straight away.
I boot into Vista x64 SP1, Windows suddenly says: “The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?”
Next I go to menu: “DEFENCE+ → Advanced → Computer Security Policy”, but it says “Window Not Responding”
I think this version is outdated and it’s not worth switching to it.
Please fix it !

Can you please post the requested info as per:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug_report_cis/important_how_to_submit_bugreports_read_this_if_you_want_them_fixed-t26980.0.html

Make sure that this info is placed in all your bugreports even if you join an existing topic to confirm that you are affected too.

* CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
* Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)
* Actively-running security and utility applications  (Optional if you post a  Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report) 
* Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
* Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
* Brief description of your Defense+ and  Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe) plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+ (Optional if you post a  Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
* If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD post in  BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
* Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled (Optional if you post a  Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)

Intel 64bit CPU
VISTA x64 SP1
NOD32
JUST INSTALL COMODO 3.8
Firewall Level=Custom and Defence=Safe
NO BSOD
Administrator account
UAC Disabled

I agree about the instabillity…

* CPU 64 bit
* Vista service pack 1
* Comodo Firewall and AVG antivirus
* I upgraded to the new version of CF, and AVG stopped running.  I could not get it to start, no matter what I did, setting it up as an allowed app in Comodo, etc.  Ended up restoring to a restore point before the Comodo upgrade.
* Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
* Firewall set in Safe Mode.  Defense+ set to Clean PC mode
* If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD post in  BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
* Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled -- Using Administrator Account.  Um, what is UAC?

As stated above, I installed the upgrade to CF, and it seemed to totally disable AVG. I restored, and am afraid to re-install the upgrade…

I guess then it’s best to wait for the next update, assume they will fix this soon.

^^^but didn’t the last update casue more problems than the first release did?

I’d say this isn’t the most stable release for x64 bit platforms unfortunately.

Does anybody know: can CIS 3.8.64739 produce BSOD “BAD_POOL_CALLER” (or something like that) under Windows XP 64bit? I had yesterday one of that and I found no information on the screen about what process or driver had produces the BSOD, only memory addresses like 0x000…

I got that a number of times on 32 bit :-\ Few times when booting up and few times while playing a game :frowning:

So it’s totally possible that the same problem exists on 64 bit version aswell.

Hello Finster,

Can you please post your minidump on this post, that will help the devs to find the bug, and yes it can cause BAD_POOL_CALLERS, I’ve had them in the past also.

You should be able to find the dump on c:\windows\minidump\

Excuse me, I can’t, there is no “Minidump” directory in my %SystemRoot% ;D It possibly wasn’t created at all. Maybe it’s because my swap file isn’t in the system partition

That could well be the reason yes, are you willing to but “some” of it back to it will be able to save a crashdump at least until the new version is out ?

Maybe. I’m trying now to test the version 3.5.(latest) because of a severe issue I has yesterday. Sometimes after I change something in Defence+ settings and apply, my ethernet connection got lost, as if I’d disconnected the cable and connected it again. Then I had to redial pppoe connection again for internet access. Yesterday the ethernet adapter wasn’t recovered, the connection sign showed “limited connectivity…”. After restart I was unable to find my ethernet adapter at all ;D It disappeared also from device manager :o I had to turn off the power and start the computer, then it appeared again and now is working normally. I don’t know if this comodo’s error or something else, but now I’ve uninstalled 3.8… and installed 3.5… I’m not sure, but I think I used Firefox 3.0.6 (64bit!) (Minefield) every time I had this issue. Now I shall see, if this happens with CIS 3.5…
Ethernet adapter- realtek rtl8111B, driver 5.714 (latest for now), integrated in motherboard (chipset intel P35/ICH9). Windows XP64 SP2