Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1

Publish the Verification engine on mozilla’s website :slight_smile:

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?q=verification+engine&type=A&app=firefox

How about making Verification Engine integrated to browsers.For example build an extension for mozilla firefox.
I’d prefer VE to be used with my browser.
I can’t personally find no use in running VE without the browser, at the system tray, taking PC resources.
Check out McAfee site advisor and its huge success, even though VE is better. (:KWL)

Lalanis
thanks for the feedback.
I need bit more explanation. What do you mean about integrate it with the browser?
thanks
Melih

I don’t thikn is useful to run VE in the backround without a browser running at the same time…
You could make VE work like a toolbar but more discrete, for example a ‘‘V’’ in the upper right corner of a browser.
What I’m trying to say is, remove VE from the tray and ‘‘put’’ in the browser.

I agree with Lalanis, and would love to have a VE-extension for Firefox.

Yeah, Melih…add another one to the “wanting to see it incorporated into the browser” camp.

The example given referring to the McAfee SiteAdvisor is a great one. For the Firefox browser, it installs as an “Extension”. For Internet Explorer, it installs as a Browser Toolbar “Add-On” of sorts.

Here is a link for it, to better see what it is and how it works (or if you’d even like to download and play around with it):

I also really like both of mike6688’s suggestions…of

1. having a ‘black list’ of phishing sites and displaying a red warning to get the users’ attention…

and

1. the ability to verify bank and other financial/commercial institutions logos in an email.

(:CLP)

I would like to have the option to turn off the green arrow that automatically runs up the screen and points at the border.

I would also like to have the option to “Exit” or stop the program. Currently if I kill it through the Task Manager it automatically starts back up. There are times when I want to kill “all” unnecessary processes.

DR

Hi,

If you right click the VE icon in the system tray>>choose ‘VE Auto ID Assurance (VEAIDA)’>>select ‘turn off’>>you can turn off the green automatic arrow.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info.

DR
(:CLP)

You’re welcome. Glad I could help. :wink:

Mike

Finally it supports FF2… ;D Working great so far.
If it’s hard to implement in the browsers, the least thing you would expect is that you could right click the sys tray icon and exit v-engine. You should also be able to choose if you want it to autostart with Windows.
When you work with “heavy” programs, you don’t want to have any unnecessary processes running.
I want to be able to turn it on, when I’m shopping or visit my bank.

I totally second that. In fact, I concur with an earlier message that there should be a version wrapped as an FX extension (they’re called add-ons lately :()… As I use FX 99.99% of the time when I browse, I really don’t need a separate process running in the tray.

Another issue I want to bump up is that VE must be available on the official FX extension page (Extensions – Add-ons for Firefox (en-US)). It’s the most visible place for FX users and if it gets rated high there it’s like Comodo gaining ‘street cred’ overall (yeah, I picked up this lame phrase watching Studio 60…)

Way to go, Comodo!

(R)

I have turned off the autostart, by unchecking it in start/run/msconfig/autostart. It still works with FF 2 since it is an extension now. Now I’m happy. ;D
You can inactivate it in FF too, in the extension list if you want.
Yes, vengine would get a lot of users if it where available at mozilla.

Thanks, I hadn’t realized that. It’s way cooler, but it still stays in systray after that, and the only way to kill it is to, uhmm, kill it :wink:

Oh, and if it gets on the mozilla extension site, we should all comment there, praising CPF as well :wink:

An option to send a URL to Comodo analysis…

Why don’t you write to Mozilla guys and ask them to include it :slight_smile:

Melih

I’d like to see VE implemented as a BHO in IE, in the same manner that is is an extension in FireFox.

This way it would only be invoked and using memory when a browser was in use. As banks haven’t created their own custom client software and rely on a browser for internet comms, am I wrong in thinking that VE should only be resident and active when there is a browser based internet connection?

what think?
ewen :slight_smile:

I did download the verification engine , but took it off , mainly because when I was just browsing it kept coming up every time . Every time I logged onto Google or checked the weather the verification engine would activate. I would prefer if it was on my taskbar and I could activate it as and when I needed to , for example when it was important and I was making some sort of transaction or I felt I needed to check a site, but not on every single site I clicked onto.

What aspect of this would you like to improve?

some examples
1)get rid off the trailing arrow?
2)get rid off the green border?

etc?

Do you think you would have kept it, if the trailing mouse wasn’t there?

Melih

Melih

I’d like to see VE on the browser toolbar with an option to disable/enable.

Hilmi