Verification Engine and Firefox 3.5

I have been running the latest version of VE and started using Firefox 3.5 when it came out in RC. It is now out in final release. When trying to customize a toolbar by adding a button to it, Firefox immediately stops working when I try to close the “Customize” window. After disabling Verification Engine in the Firefox 3.5 add-ons, and then restarting Firefox 3.5, customizing a toolbar by adding a button to it, works like it is supposed to. Verification Engine causes this problem in Firefox 3.5, so there is an incompatibility issue with Verification Engine and Firefox 3.5.

I then re-enabled Verification Engine through the Firefox add-ons and it is working and I have the buttons I added when VE was disabled. That is the only incompatibility that I find. You simply cannot customize Firefox 3.5 toolbars when Verification Engine is enabled in Firefox 3.5 add-ons.

Hi Larlyles.
Thank you for your feedback.
We are looking at the issue now.

Kind regards,
Vadym.

Hi Larlyles.
We made a research of FF 3.5 issue and it’ll be fixed in next version of VE.

Kind regards,
Vadym.

Thanks Vadym. Do you have an approximation of when to expect the next version?

I have similar problem: Firefox 3.5 can’t shutdown after updating to CIS (latest version, 3.10…, Date: 05.07.2009). If close Firefox then takes 50% of CPU Time. If launch and close Firefox 2 times, then browser takes up to 100 % CPU and freeze system until destroying Firefox processes manually (Task Manager or Process Explorer). Uninstalling CIS solve problem. :frowning:

Have you got Safesurf installed?
Dennis

Yes. But if it close, problem not solved (how i remember, it’s not precision information).

Please read here and here.
Dennis

Thanks. I try it later (now i testing other product).

New version released here for this bug and two others.
Dennis

16-th of June approximately.

Should that be July Vadym :wink:

Yes, July. :slight_smile:

Same problem!

Vengine 2.7.0.14 will crash Firefox 3.5 if you activate customize tool bars screen (put cursor on tool bar, right click, select customize on menu.). The screen come up but when you hit the done button Firefox crashes. If you have questions let me know glad to help if i can. Love your firewall!

Thanks!

gfreed,
you still use the version without Firefox crash fix so can reproduce the problem.

V-Engine 2.7.0.31 LATEST version is incompatible with firefox v3.5

So it needs update

when the update will be ready ?

KARATE,
I’ve already answered in another topic