Values in Adv View don't update in real time but do if you switch [V7B][M871]

2. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 7.0.308911.4080

COMODO Internet Security Premium 7.0.308911.4080 BETA

3. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one.

Windows 8.1 64bit. (real system)

4. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?

Too many to mention, will attach a config file.

5. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? (please try to avoid doing these things until we are told it is safe)

No, and no. Clean install and new configuration file.

6. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed

Zemana AntiLogger Free

7. Step by step description to reproduce the issue

[ol]- Open main CIS GUI.

• If not already at Compact View, switch to it.
  • Now switch to Advanced View.
  • The values in the Advanced View will now be updating in real-time, you can confirm by for example sandboxing applications or running network intensive applications or applications that often cause the intrusion count to go up, all of this will update in real-time.
  • Now close the main GUI and open it again.
  • None of the values will now be updating in real-time, you can confirm by for example sandboxing applications, none of the values will update and will remain at whatever they were when you opened the GUI (Please note they may update maybe every 2 minutes or so)
  • Now switch to Compact View and back to Advanced View and see that they are updating in real-time again.[/ol]

8. What actually happened when you carried out these steps

Results are included in step 7, but to summarize the values in the Advanced View will not update in real-time unless you switch to Compact View and back to Advanced View, however if you close the GUI then you’ll need to redo the Compact/Advanced View switch.

9. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious)

I expected the values to keep updating in real-time even after closing and opening the GUI without having to switch view and back.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This seems like a great catch. Good work. 8)

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Thanks Sanya, I can confirm this also happens on my system.

Fixed for me in CIS 7.0.312140.4101 RC (Values updates in real-time all the time now)

Fixed for me as well. :-TU

Thank you for checking this. In that case I will move this to Resolved.

Thanks again.