V4.4 - 2 way sync profile jobs do not correctly handle deletions.

I have had several attempts to get a 2 way sync profile job running where deletion from either folder are correctly reflected in the other folder. All attempts have failed.

If a file is deleted from folder “1”, when the sync profile job is run, that file is deleted from folder “2”. However, when another file is deleted from folder “2”, when the sync profile job is run, that fiel is not deleted from folder “1”. The job logs report “Deletion will be ignored”.

As follows is a copy of the support ticket lodged with Comodo, but I thought I’d also raise it here and let brighter minds hopefully pick up what I’m doing wrong.

G’day,

I have set up a 2 way sync job and have saved it as a profile. The help files for Backup V4.4 state that when a 2 way sync profile job is run, it will synchronise the files between two folders, including deleting files; i.e the synchronising and deleting are done 2 way - source/destination and destination/source.

FROM HELP FILE
For ‘profile’ two-way sync operations:
Profile sync operations behave the same as scheduled sync operations.
If you add a file to either source or destination folder it will be automatically copied to the other folder
If you update a file in either source or destination folder, the updated file will be copied to and will overwrite the older version of the file in the other folder
If you delete a file in either source or destination folder, it is automatically deleted from the other folder

To test this, I created two folders, “1” and “2”, and these folders were used in setting up the profile 2 way sync backup job. Three files were copied to folder “1” and the profile backup job was run. When it completed, the contents of folders “1” and “2” were identical.

As a second test, I deleted a file (“X”) from folder “2” and re-ran the profile backup job. I expected to see file “X” deleted from folder “1”. When it completed, folder “1” still contained 3 files and folder “2” contained 2 files. The log from the backup job said
“Deletion will be ignored”.

The displayed action does not fit the descriptions of how deletions are handled in one way sync jobs (profile or non-profile) or two way sync jobs (profile or non-profile).

Any ideas on how to get a 2 way sync profile job to run as described - i.e. if I delete a file in either folder, it will be deleted in the other?

Thanks in advance,
Ewen :slight_smile: