V3 System and Rule Order Question [RESOLVED]

1. Does the order of the rules matter in v3’s Application rules and Global Rules? And for individual applications rules?

2. Do I need a final Rule like V2.4 network settings had?(Block And Log IP In From IP Any To IP Any Where Protocol Is Any?) for my Global Rules and Individual Application Rules? It wasen’t added by default…

3. Also what would you recommend the Rules be for Application, System, im in a small LAN with another box, so im guessing,

Allow IP Out, Source IP Box1, Destination IP Box2, Protocol Any.
Allow IP In, Source IP Box2, Destination IP Box1, Protocol Any.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Applications - No.
Global rules - Yes - the order, just like in V2.4, is critical.

2. Do I need a final Rule like V2.4 network settings had?(Block And Log IP In From IP Any To IP Any Where Protocol Is Any?) for my Global Rules and Individual Application Rules? It wasen't added by default...

Definitely.

3. Also what would you recommend the Rules be for Application, System, im in a small LAN with another box, so im guessing,

Allow IP Out, Source IP Box1, Destination IP Box2, Protocol Any.
Allow IP In, Source IP Box2, Destination IP Box1, Protocol Any.

And I’d say you’ve guessed correctly. :wink:

cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

You sure about that, Panic

I’d say yes
“Global Rules”
rules the order is critical. They are read from the top down
“Application Rules”
If order did not matter for “Application Rules” this rule(see attached) would not work.
The order of the applications is not critical, however, the order of the rules for each application is critical. They are also read from the top down

I think this is what you meant

OD

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry OD and OP,

I did mean that while the order of the apps is irrelevant, the order of the app rules under each app are hierarchical, like the global rules.

Mea culpa,
Ewen :slight_smile:

sry for the late response, Thanks for the help.