v3 is now flailing & should disappear

v3, including the test “beta” 3.0.14.273, is unusable & should be withdrawn or recalled immediately. It should not be available for download from comodo.com, since it’s known to cause so many problems. Allowing new victims seems irresponsible to me.

For whatever reason, a powerful idea was rushed to release (just in time for holiday shopping??) before it was ready. The developers deserve better than that.

v3 should disappear immediately & never again be mentioned. Give developers the proper time to test (has “beta” 3.0.14.273 even passed “alpha” testing?? I don’t see how), in order to restore the reputation of this app.

v4 should be released only after it works.

I dont see how you can say that,when it is working fine on the vast majorirty of machines its running on.I agree, its a new concept to get your head round but at the end of the day melih and his team can only test so many configurations.When there are so many differant programs out there, to make this program run smoothly with each and every one would be impossible!

As for people being victims? it is they who “choose” to install this product(for free). I think in 6 months time a lot of the initial niggles will be forgotten about and cfpv3 will be the new standard in computer security.At the end of the day this program wasn`t put together just for a laugh, but because the threat has evolved, so to stay one step ahead of the malware programmers, security programs have to modify and progress.

Rregards Matty

Your personal computer problems do not affect other users :D.

I too felt like that, I was having so much problems when i installed the original CFP 3.0 from my computer constantly freezing to having BSOD’s now and then during WinXP loading and having to constantly shut down and reboot my computer. then I installed 3.0.14.273 and the same problems were manifesting themselves.

I thorughly thought Why is that? W T F its CFP 3’s fault because before installing CFP 3
I was experiencing none of these problems, even when I had 2.4 installed for about 3 weeks.

well it turned out to be the problems I was experiencing weren’t actually CFP 3’s fault, it was a software I had on my computer that was the actual cause of all the problems and only manifested whenever I installed CFP 3 on my computer.

Since remeding that by removing that software and installing another one from a different company all those probs I would keep having with CFP 3 installed are ALL GONE!
not one instability problem or conflict or system probs have I experienced since and this must be the 3rd of 4th day now since I remedied the problem.

All I can say is if you have any minidump files then try uploading them for an admin to have a look and see if they can figure out if your problem/s is being caused by something other than CFP 3.

Regards

Ron

how about the fact that the auto-updater installed v3 on non-supported OS (w2k3) ?
or the problems people are having with VPN ?
Agreed, v3 is a lot more complex than v2 so quirks ands bugs are to be expected but still …
it wouldn’t have hurt to have another RC or 2 before letting it auto-update;
while some of us don’t mind having to deal with bugs others do (or they just don’t have the time etc )
and it does reflect negatively on the softwares image, a shame since Comodo Firewall is ■■■■ good .

True, but I think alot of us only within a month or so came across Comodo and those people who tested Comodo CFP 3 betas were probably not as many as Comodo would have preferred, So i get how after the final release withthe sudden influx of ppl who were new to comodo and downloaded the firewall, how with so many configurations, systems. software some people or a good percentage experienced problems and still are. I was one of those who was in that group of people experiecing alot of probs with CFP 3 and i made the choice then to uninstall it.

But I liked CFP 3 and felt it had alot of potential. so when CFP 3.0.14.273 came out which is a Beta btw, I chose to give it a chance and install it and see if I can get it working this time.
and then I came across what my problem was, it wasn’t CFP 3 that was causing me the troubles, instead was another software that startups with WinXP.

but anyway the CFP 3.0 is new and alot of us are taking part in trying out and testing 3.0.14.273 which is a Beta, hopefully alot more bugs or probs will get revolved then. and as for any other issues I am sure Comodo’s developers will tackle them 1 by 1. nothing that firsts comes out is ever perfect, its very rare for any final released product to not need modifications and changes to it during its lifespan. take WinXP for instance when it came out there was alot of issues and everyone had to wait for SP1 to come out. samething with Vista right now most ppl using Vista are waiting for SP1 to be released to sort out Vista Issuses

You people must have problems with your computers. V3 works fine on both XP and Vista (in my case it is Home Premium, Home Basic, and 3 XP SP2 computers) with no problems at all. So GiacomoGo, better solve the problems on yous computer, and don’t give us nonsence like you did. :frowning:

You both discredit yourselves too blatantly. Uuuuh did you happen to notice that “Please tell us if V3 didn’t work for you” has 10,000 posts ?!?!?

Or that “Special Test edition” has “FIXED” plastered all over it.

My computer problems? The only necessary fix on my pc was uninstalling v3, reverting to v2.4. You’re both absurd.

Still victims … Comodo is a trusted software developer, definitely by me as well pre-v3, which is why I find this release so disappointing. Trusted sources are responsible for protecting those that trust them. Once the early problems were verified, Comodo should have withdrawn it.

Victims of pfishing & social engineering scams (people causing unnecessary trouble for themselves by trusting others) are definitely victims. It’s certainly not an unprecedented or off-base use. The critical difference is that Comodo mean no harm — so why not protect the trusted, unaffected more aggressively??

I couldn’t agree more, Matty! That’s my point. In 3-6 months it’ll change online security. This month it’s only adding to the history of poor releases.

I don’t want a rushed, breathing down their necks, patch. I want “v4” (v3 that works) to reach its potential.

v3 was definitely not free, but the costs we also not properly disclosed. If the “cost” is testing a rushed release, then let me know & I’ll accept or decline of my own free will.

Just a few points:

It’s had 10000+ views but only approximately 700 posts, quite a few of which are from the same people rehashing the same point.

Or that [url=https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/special_test_edition_for_the_users_who_had_problems_with_cfp_3013268-t16824.0.html]"Special Test edition"[/url] has "FIXED" plastered all over it.

There is a new beta available, 3.0.14, it fixes many of the issues. A new final version will be available very soon.

My computer problems? The only necessary fix on my pc was uninstalling v3, reverting to v2.4. You're both absurd.

To be fair, it does work for the majority.

Still victims ... Comodo is a trusted software developer, definitely by me as well pre-v3, which is why I find this release so disappointing. Trusted sources are responsible for protecting those that trust them. Once the early problems were verified, Comodo should have withdrawn it.

Microsoft is ‘trusted’ too, does their software always work correctly?

Victims of pfishing & social engineering scams (people causing unnecessary trouble for themselves by trusting others) are definitely victims. It's certainly not an unprecedented or off-base use. The critical difference is that Comodo mean no harm --- so why not protect the trusted, unaffected more aggressively??

cfp does not protect against pfishing

I couldn't agree more, Matty! That's my point. In 3-6 months it'll change online security. This month it's only adding to the history of poor releases.

We are all entitled to our own opinion :slight_smile:

I don't want a rushed, breathing down their necks, patch. I want "v4" (v3 that works) to reach its potential.

v3 works, it just takes a little getting used to.

v3 was definitely not free, but the costs we also not properly disclosed. If the "cost" is testing a rushed release, then let me know & I'll accept or decline of my own free will.

Did you bother to beta test the product prior to release?

bullsh-t.

Or that "Special Test edition" has "FIXED" plastered all over it.
did you expect everything will be fine with the first release? can you remember just ONE SINGLE piece of software as complex as CFP v3 that did NOT have any problems? Like ZoneAlarm BSOD's, Kaspersky's lags, NOD32's stupid proxy system (OK, OK, it's feature). Be cool, man!