V3 installer not working [Resolved]

Hi,

I was using v2.4 and after uninstalling it, tried to instal latest v3 on my WinXP Pro sp2 with latest windows updates.
But double-clicking the installer, nothing happens. Downloaded twice 20MB installer thinking of corrupt download file but got same result.

Re-Installed v2.4 and it works fine.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Thanks & Regards,
Rad.

Hi radhx

Welcome to the Comodo Forums

It sounds like you had a bad uninstall of 2.4. After uninstalling do a registry clean with a reputable cleaner such as regseeker or ccleaner, and then reboot. After that you should have no trouble installing if you downloaded v-3 from the Comodo website http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html.

John

Hi John,

I have already tried ccleaner + reboot. Also followed steps in the sticky “comprehensive removal of v-3”.
But no luck. Will try download and install v-3.0.14.276 from snapfiles.com to check if it works.

Regards,
Rad.

Hi radhx

What OS are you using? CFP-3 will only work on XP and Vista. If you have any previous versions of Windows you will have to stay with v-2.4. If you have XP or Vista be sure you have the proper 32bit or 64 bit version.

John

Hi John,

I am on WinXP Pro SP2 with latest MS updates in place.

Got the problem solved. Somehow the V3 download (I am using Free Download Manager for the purpose) from comodo site was coming in corrupt. It simply wouldn’t start. I downloaded the same from another site and it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Rad.

Sometimes Download Managers and ■■■■■ up things. I only use FDM for large files.

Glad you got it working

I will mark this as resolved and lock. If you need it re-opened PM me or another mod.

John