v3 fails CPIL tests [Merged Threads]

Hey, horn ~

I’ve found our user-related issue (yes, we did not look closely enough) with enabling D+ after initially installing as firewall-only.

See the post here:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/3015277_32bit_and_defense_after_installation_as_firewallonly-t18561.0.html

LM

rigsby, I had a similar problem - failed all 3 test. After checking Comodo settings, I found that somehow all Defence+ monitors had been turned off. After enabling them, I passed all the tests.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/default_settings-t18782.0.html

Also make sures no rules were created, or delete them. Clean pc mode not only allows everything already in your computer, but remembers creating rules too.

Hi,

I’m having the same problem, Comodo Firewall Pro is failing the CPIL tests. I’ve set everything to Train in Safe Mode, deleted all the rules, and re-installed CPIL, to no avail. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

regards,

Dave

I have the new V3 Comodo firewall pro. I used the test that is provided on this website (the one with 3 tests in it) Anyway, it fail test 1 & 3. I didn’t even get a pop up from the firewall asking me to allow it or not. My firewall is set at “train with safe mode” and the defense level is “clean pc mode” do I need to change my levels, what should I do?

If you say the PC is clean! ;D
Now seriously, did you download the test after setting it to clean pc mode?

The default setting is “Clean pc mode”
I have not changed any settings on the firewall. so, yes I downloaded the test after is was in Clean mode

See if any rules were created for the tests in D+. If there are, delete those. Then temporarily try Paranoid mode, or learn safe only, and try the tests.

My firewall cannot pass the tests even the first one. When the application tried to connect the network, the firewall component didn’t response to the behavior. What’s wrong with my settings.
???
Before the CPIL, my firewall passed the PC Flank tests successfully.
Thank you for helping me!

My os is XP sp2,and I am using comodo V3 3.0.18.309

I have just reinstalled my V3. With the default settings,it failed the first test again.

Can any “heroes” help me?

do not feel like the lone ranger. CPIL failed on my XP Pro SP2 box with every ver 3 build i have installed. in fact it just failed again 5 minutes ago. not the suite but the single test app.

while i do not expect this will be answered, i’ll provide relevant info:

Defense+ set to Learn with Safe Mode
Firewall set to Custom Policy Mode

i have been running Comodo ver3 for around a month. the first 4-5 days were run with default settings of Clean PC and Train With Safe Mode. CPIL was NOT installed at that time. moved settings to current (see aboe) around 3 weeks ago and then downloaded Matousecs entire zip file of Leaktest about a week or two ago, ran CPIL with build .295 about a half a dozen times and it failed every time. two days ago i updated to the lastest 3.0.18.309 and it as well has failed.

i am not new to this test or leak-testing overall. btw a firewall i have installed on another FDISR snapshot passes CPIL as well as the suite. btw ver3 does pass the CPIL suite.

Well, I really appreciate for your answer, My Setting is Clean PC Mode with Custom Policy(very high).This problem will not annoy me again. Maybe the test is not so important that I query the safety of ver3.

Please tell me, why you run in clean PC mode when you have malware simulator on it?
You do not have “clean” PC and you should modify D+ settings accordingly (to pass leak tests or real malware)…

Isnt it obvious ,the firewall installs by default with Clean PC mode setting.
Not all malwares when are installed cry "im malware dont execut me and put “Train with safe mode” rule in Comodo firewal.l
A normal user will leave the Clean PC mode at least few days until he understands what this Clean PC is,some users don t even care so its a real issue indeed.
Maybe the default mode for Defence + should be “Train with Safe Mode”

It depends on whether you answer no or yes during install to the question about whether your PC is clean or not. I’m not sure if the question appears when you do a scan during the install and everything comes up clean.

Al

I test my latest version of CFP didn’t pass the 3 test why? :THNK :-TD

Greetings!

Do you mean the CPIL test?

Yes i use the CPILSuite :THNK

What modes are the firewall and Defense+ in? If you’re in Clean PC Mode, did you download CPIL before CFP 3?
If yes, CFP 3 will consider it as safe since it was on your computer when CFP 3 was installed.
Anyways, did you block all requests from the test except the one about execution? Or did you allow something else?
Also, make sure there’s no rules for CPIL in Network Security Policy or Computer Security Policy before you run the test.

the setting is default mode

i try to install to another computer the pc tools firewall plus you know shock!!! all the 3 leak test < CPIL > and the computer is not crush or hungup?! :THNK