v2 fails CPIL tests [Merged Threads]

When you run any leak test, the firewall should pop up an alert when something unauthorised is attempting to bypass the firewall and get onto the internet. At this point, you are supposed to click BLOCK.

A lot of users assumed they had to allow the test to run, but in effect they were giving explicit permission for the firewall to leak.

If you got an alert and you selected BLOCK and it still failed (i.e. it posted the data you typed to the remote web site), can you please go to support.comodo.com, register and lodge a support ticket on this.

If, on the other hand, you got an alert and clicked ALLOW to let it run, then it only failed because you told it to fail.

Please re-run the leak tests (rebooting between each test - this is important) and post the results back here.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I’m not a regular on the forums, but has this issue already been addressed?

It wouldn’t be good if the firewall was coded to be IE specific?

The CPIL tests are not IE-specific. The leaktest use whatever browser is the default purely as a transport mechanism. If you reboot between each and every leaktest, CFP will alert you to each attempt to transmit your data, regardless of the browser (of course you should select BLOCK when it alerts you ;)).

Colour me daft… I may just be, as I am not too sure
what the CPIL test is.

But when I said IE specific in my previous post I meant
the firewall, CPF, not the test itself.

I say this because the first post seems to say that the test
passed when IE was the default browser, but failed when
Opera was.

This leads me to assume that CPF is coded to work better
with IE. Assuming this is not a one user scenario.

Where can I get this CPIL test?

Incidentally, I also read on the matousec website
that CPF is one of the best firewalls! Infact, if you go
by the numbers… it is the best. This is including pay for
firewalls.

CPIL = Comodo Parent Injection Leaktest

It is a suite of three separate leak tests and they are available from the CFP website.

It really is recommended that you reboot in between running each leaktest, to ensure thatteh system is in an assumed stable, working state when tested.

Cheers,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry of my late answer. I just return from up country and have no time to connect.

I try again and found nothing better. IE still work but Opera not.

Thanks for your kindness.

Are you rebooting the computer when you change browsers? If not, you should be.

Lee (B)

Dear

My default browser is Opera. The test fail. Afterthat I change to set IE as default by not reboot . The test pass. Afterthat I change to set Opera as default browser again,the result fail again.

For me this is not a serious problem. I still recommend my freiends to use Comodo because they use IE.

I tried CPIL test from somodo website, but CFP failed the first test and whatever I typed got transmitted to the web site.

I tried CPIL test from somodo website, but CFP failed the first test and whatever I typed got transmitted to the web site.

When you first ran the test and the firewall displayed an alert, you did click BLOCK, didn’t you?

If you clicked ALLOW, of course your text is going to display because you explicitly told the firewall to allow the leak to occur.

The correct procedure is

1. Run leak test #1.
  2. When the firewall displays an alert, click BLOCK
  3. This test should then fail.
  4. Reboot (This is important as your PC coulod be left in an unstable state by the leaktest).
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 for test #2.
  6. Repeat steps 2-4 for test #3.

Hope this helps,

Please see my response at https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7443.msg54362.html#msg54362

Cheers,

i have not click anything when the text appear

Did you get an alert from the firewall? If so, what action did you choose?

firewall asked me to choose action, but web site appeared before I do anything.

I have just installed Comodo firewall, and installed and ran the CPILsuite test1, which failed. To answer the following question, I am pretty sure that I ticked on ACCEPT. I have looked around the settings but cannot find the entry allowing CPILsuite, or CPIL.dll. So my question is how do I change the ACCEPT entry (wherever it is) to BLOCK? I have not tried test2 or test3 yet.

I wish that there was an explicit instruction in CPILsuite to say to tick BLOCK. It just seemed the right thing to accept at the time…

Thanks.

When you first ran the test and the firewall displayed an alert, you did click BLOCK, didn’t you?

If you clicked ALLOW, of course your text is going to display because you explicitly told the firewall to allow the leak to occur.

Actually I have the same problem. I never clicked allow either. The coat test leaked as well. Not sure what’s going on here. I’m running the newest version (just downloaded)? ???

You weren’t actually allowing CPIL.DLL access, you were allowing iexplore.exe access and iexplore.exe has been injected with cpil.dll. As such, you won’t find an entry for cpil-anything but if you clicked ALLOW and REMEMBER then you should have a block rule in the application monitor list (and you won’t be able to use IE).

Hi, in my case I am using a really good Browser called “Maxthon Browser” I believe this uses the MS IE engine and just provides a much improved user interface. The internet engine is MS IE v6. I did try IE7 for a while and hated it.

So right now I use the Maxthon browser for surfing, I only use IE6 to check my Gmail.

In Comodo application Control Rules, I see IEXPLORE.exe TCP/UDP in/out = ask
and MAXTHON.exe TCP/UDP in/out = ask

But when using Maxthon or Gmail (IE v6) Comodo never asks me anything.

So to answer my question what should IEXPLORE.exe be set to in Comodo to pass the test#1 ?

The fact that both are set to “ask” indicates that you didnt click remember". You can re-run and it will ask you again. This time click “Block”.

Cheers,

P.S> Maxthon is an excellent browser - good choice!