v2 fails CPIL tests [Merged Threads]

Hi peeps,

The titels says it all.

On my setup comodo firewall sucesfully stops CPIL test 1,2 (i’ve blocked IE by the firewall because i dont use IE)

BUT when i do test 2 it the CPIL application opens Firefox and comodo doesnt warn me that FF is connecting to the net.

I would like to keep using firefox and comodo because they are top noch, but how can i get rid of this security problems ???

thx for any advice

~S3CUR!TY GNoM3~

Welcome to the forum.
CF pass the Cpil tests with default settings.
What version of the firewall do you use?
Have you installed with auto?
Have you changed anything in network monitor, or any other settings?

Try to do the test again, after you have deleted the rules for Firefox in Application monitor. You might have allowed something in there that you shouldn’t.

I am a new user of Comodo and after installing it I tested it for leaks and all 3 tests failed. The test system instructs me to download Comodo. I don’t know how to fix the problem and why I am failing the leak test. Co uld someone guide me on what I should do? I would appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Mike

(:SAD)

What test is it?

I ran the CPIL Test Suite and each step failed.

Here is the message I receive:

Comodo Firewall: Parent Injection Leak Test
Your firewall didn’t pass the test and transmitted information to our website.
You typed: Your firewall has leaked
This time it was useless information - next time it could be your credit card number or other sensitive data being passed to a hacker.

Comodo Firewall 2.3 is the only firewall to pass all three Comodo Parent Injection Leak Tests with its default settings.

Get Protected. Download Comodo Firewall Now.

Welcome to the forum.
CF pass those tests with default settings.
Did you get a popup when you ran those tests?
You should click block on them.

How did you install CF?
You should use auto.

It would sound as if the drivers did not get installed correcly or you have another Firewall installed on the pc “even under another user acount” that is conflicting with…
just my 2cents

You do realise that when you run these test and you get the pop-ups asking you to allow or block the application, you’re actually supposed to BLOCK them, don’t you?

Just checking.

Ewen:-)

I installed CF using the auto feature.

After I press the Test 1, 2 or 3 button I don’t see any popups. I didn’t change any setting away from the default settings. I have only used Microsoft’s firewall prior to installing CF. I don’t have any other users on this PC. I have a wireless network that I believe has a firewall built in to it.

Thanks.

Have you created a trusted network in security/tasks?

No I have not created a trusted network in security/tasks. How do I do this and what does it do?

Loaded trusted network, still leaks, no popups.

Comodo Firewall: Parent Injection Leak Test
Your firewall didn’t pass the test and transmitted information to our website.
You typed: try again after trusted network
This time it was useless information - next time it could be your credit card number or other sensitive data being passed to a hacker.

Comodo Firewall 2.3 is the only firewall to pass all three Comodo Parent Injection Leak Tests with its default settings.

Get Protected. Download Comodo Firewall Now.

Have you checked in application monitor that you don’t have allow rules for Cpil?
Remove them in that case. Reboot your PC.

Some settings must be wrong…

Removed CPIL from list and rebooted. Still leaking

Like i said it sounds like an internal error in the possable hooking by Comodo this may be a conflict with another program on your pc or the instalation didnot install the drivers correctly…also in settings make sure under application Behavior Analysis that ALL of the options are checked

If you’re not getting any popup alerts to deny, check (just to make sure) the following:

Security/Advanced/Miscellaneous - make sure the top box is checked for “Enable Alerts.” It should be, by default, but just in case. If it’s not, check it, then reboot.

Also, make sure that you have turned off the Windows Firewall - you don’t want it running at the same time as CPF. Go to the Windows Security Center (Start/Control Panel/Security Center) go down to the bottom, under “Manage Security Settings” click Windows Firewall, and select the “Off (Not Recommended).”

LM

PS: A quick note, the Security Center will have a green light for Firewall On (regardless of the Windows Firewall) because it recognizes CPF - so don’t use that to gauge whether Win FW is on or not… :wink:

Given that CPIL was in the application list, can you remember whether the application rule was set to “ALLOW” or “BLOCK”?

Ewen :slight_smile:

I’m passing leak tests 1 and 3, but for test two i never get an alert and it fails. I have no applications listed in my component rule thingy. :slight_smile:

Did you make any changes in Application behavior analysis? Test 2 (CPIL test suite) uses a DLL injection tehnique, and CFP is capable to detect it with default settings.

I have run this test several times with different options,

Comodo firewall, on, comodo off, XP built in firewall on and comodo off, no firewall running at all.

Of course when I run comodo I get the popup. This is supposed to prove to me that the firewall is blocking this leak and therefore is working.

This is Major Bull, and here is why, (unless someone can tell me otherwise)

It does not prove anything of the sort because if the test fails, I am "susposed’ to be taken to the comodo website with my text displayed.

So I thought, i’d test this. I ran the above options, xp firewall on without comodo.

Now, IE does open, but I am NOT taken to any comodo website with my text displayed. IE only opens to my Homepage !

To me this says that the XP Firewall also passed the test, as it did not open the comodo web page.

Good I thought.

But next I try the test with No Firewall Running at all, and Still I am not taken to any Comodo website with my test displayed!

So, is this some kind of Hoax?

Has anyone ever seen this webpage with the text displayed?

If you have a URL, please tell me, cus I’d like to see all my test post, that I know had to have gone though, when I was not running any firewall.

Yeah, I am weary of hoaxes, because Zone Alarm pulled hoaxes like this when they first came out. back then, ZA didn’t even really work as a firewall, more like a fancy port scanner.

This may not prove that comodo doesn’t work, only that the CPIL test if flawed. However, because it does not work as advertised (taking me to the web page with my text displayed) this can be no indication of comodos leak test abilities!!!

I look forward to your replies,

John Phoenix

P.S. : I found years ago the best way to test a firewall is a live test. Download MiRC and go to one of the hacker channels. Ask them to test your firewall. They will be happy to try to crash your system. Sometimes they will tell you how they did it, through what ports ect, so you can improve your firewall, if your firewall gives you access to such functions.