UWP apps crashing upon opening, within 30 minutes of comodo starting up

In the first 30 minutes of me starting my computer, UWP apps crash by spontaneously closing within the first 15 seconds of me opening them. For example, system settings, microsoft store, calculator and clock.

Here is an example of such a crash.

I think it has something to do with the antivirus because of the weird icon I saw. First it was at yellow as the computer’s antivius was loading, when it weirdly went white, then it went green. Remember that Comodo Antivirus is turned on which automatically disables the Windows Defender Antivirus, so I am NOT using Windows Defender Antivirus.

Then the icon went to green once windows was finished loading, after around a varying (depending on what I’m doing) 5-20 minutes.

It could be possible that windows is running Windows Defender Antivirus at first for the first few minutes, before switching to Comodo Antivirus for the rest of my windows session.

Do you think this has something to do with Comodo. And if so, how can it be fixed?

Hi desbest,

Thank you for reporting .
May i know your cis version and win Version ?

1. Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version.
  2. Is there anyother security product installed on your machine?
  3. Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I have tried the following things and it doesn’t help.

• sfc and dism
  • windows apps troubleshooter
  • Clearing the File History cache, Thumbnail Cache and icon Cache for Windows Explorer
  • disabling various third party shell extensions using ShellExView
  • Running an in-place upgrade
  • reinstalling cortana
  • reinstalling the built in uwp apps using powershell

Hi desbest,

Thank you for providing the requested information.
kindly disable this software and check.
Let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

First: I don’t use third party cleaning tools as you are not knowing what those tools are doing with the registry.
I only use tools provided by microsoft I think those tools do good jobs an they know what to do and what not. I’m, too , using windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2251 comodo 12.2.4.8032 and even with settings of my own I can open all theose apps you mentioned.
I do not know the tool you are using. Some fails caused in the registry by such tools they often become only noticeable after several starts as error.
Antivir is on as is Auto-containment and HIPS in safe/secure mode, Firewall I’m usng my own setting.
But it function in proactive or firewall mode too.
So, I don’t think it has with Antivirus to do.

I have never used any third party cleaning or optimisation software on my computer.

These are also such tools. But we don’t discuss such tools now (pro and contra).

I made my experiences with such tools in former times. Yes, there are tools that compare BEFORE and AFTER to restore the BEFORE again. Nothing new for me. I keep my Windows clean, do not install and uninstall, use only reputable software and my computer/windows thanks me. No matter how thse tools are praised.