Using NordVPN with Firefox problem

If I try to use NordVPN with Firefox I get a message that "The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.
Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working."

How can I rectify this?

Does anyone know the answer to my question? I’ve tried many possible solutions, but other than disabling the Firewall, none worked.

What is the CIS Firewall set to?

Have you created any special rules for NordVPN?

Is Firefox set to Auto Detect Proxy under Network settings?

Thank you for your reply.
The CIS Firewall is set to Safe Mode and in Application Rules Firefox is set as Web Browser. Firefox is set to No Proxy in Network settings.
I did not create any rule for NordVPN.

Generally, I followed CruelSister’s configuration for CIS except for the notifications settings which I have enabled.

I don’t use NordVPN now but I did not too long ago and didn’t need any particular rules or changes in CIS or Firefox. Mullvad, Surfshark, Proton all worked w/o any problems

I’m using almost the same settings as you are. Firewall on Safe mode . . . however Firefox has no particular rule set under the Firewall as it isn’t necessary and the Proxy settings is at Auto Detect

Try those settings perhaps after a reboot

Thank you very much!

I think the problem must have been the Firewall Application Rule about Firefox being a web browser. I deleted it and NordVPN works fine. I also tried the proxy adjustment, but it made no difference. I don’t remember when or why I had set that Application Rule for Firefox. :embarassed:

Glad it worked for . . . :-TU