UPS question...

Uninterruptable Power Supplies. They give you such indispensable service like protect your computer from brownouts and power outages, fluctuations and such. Power goes out, your PC is still running and your work (or play) is safe!

I have two APC UPS, one ES500 and one CS650.

But now that I upgraded my system’s power supply…

See, I got the GTX 295, and it really needs some serious power, so I got the HEC Cougar (1Kwatts)…

…my gaming PC is hooked to the CS650 and its like only 400watts…

The CS 650 has three lights in front. One light for “Online”, one light for “On Battery”, and one for “Overload”.

I never had the “Overload” light turn on, ever. Even now that I have it hooked into the HEC Cougar (1Kwatts). The GTX 295 alone sucks more than 400watts.

Is it possible that my mouse problems was due to power issues? https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/mouse_wont_get_detected_by_pc-t46143.0.html;msg333888#msg333888

I know I’ve got to buy…yet again…another EXPENSIVE thing for my gaming PC. When the HELL is it going to end!!! Money money money money…you upgrade one thing, then you have to upgrade another, and another, and another…-_-;;;;;;;; I may as well have bought a new PC!!!

I am guessing I should buy a decent AVR…until I can get a APC Smart-UPS XL 1400VA RM 3U 230V, which I’m sure is LUDICROUS for me to get…

Any comments will be most welcome. Please, you guys, say something, advice, counsel, laugh at me or cry with me, anything.

I believe the GTX 295 only draws 400+ watts under high load, it wouldn’t draw any where near that much to run your desktop (idle load is less than 150 watts or something). Of course, I’m assuming that you don’t play games when the UPS is running “on battery”.

About the ApC CS 650 having only 3 lights…I forgot to mention a 4th light for “Replace Battery”

Ah, I see. I had an inkling that it may have something to do with the word, “idle”…it just didn’t make sense if the GTX 295 sucked its maximum required power when its barely doing anything.

I was thinking of trying out CRYSIS WARHEAD, now that I installed the Powerchute Software of APC…