Upgrading from 32Bits to 64 Bits version

Hi

I work with the 32Bits version of Dragon, I wanted to know if I installed the 64Bits version should I re-install the favorites and extensions like a new browser or not?

you can export bookmark, but to import all settings, you must use synchronization…

for all sync:
open comodo dragon > write> chrome://settings/people and use your account google (in both versions)

sorry my english :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you for your reply. I will try as soon as possible.
Do I have to have a Google account?
I do not use any Google service.
So does that mean I’m going to have to reset everything?

to use sync yes;
you don’t have to restart everything, but you can import bookmarks and add-ons manually (with the sync service, just sync via account google)

I cannot install the 64-bit version alongside my current 32-bit version. As soon as I launch the exe, my version is detected and I don’t have the possibility to install the 64Bits version.
Why would you want to keep both versions!
Quite simply, to be able to reset my settings in the same way.
I’m not going to go through synchronization because I don’t want to be logged into a Google account

Hello magneto,

You can install both versions of the setup only if you have a 64bit OS system and the second version installed is portable version. So, if you have a 64bit OS, install the 32bit or 64 bit and then run the other version setup and select “install portable version” If you have any other question, let us know.

Quite simply, to be able to reset my settings in the same way.

If you need for this reason, you can install the same version of the setup 2 times, second one being the portable one. To do that run the setup again and chose “install portable version”.

Hi

I work with the 32Bits version of Dragon, I wanted to know if I installed the 64Bits version should I re-install the favorites and extensions like a new browser or not?

You dont need to reinstall the favorites and extension. To have them on the second version installed (portable one), you need to copy the user data folder (you can find it by typing %localappdata%-> comodo->dragon in the explorer address bar) from the first one installed and replace the profile folder with that one to the new portable one installed.

Hello Catalin

thanks for these informations.
This is what I could see. It was impossible to install the 64Bits version along side the 32 Bits version.
Will the portable version not be slower than an installed version?

Portable version is the same with the installed one. the difference is that the user profile is saved on the same folder and dragon can be moved from one PC to another using a memory stick.

and are the updates done?

do you mean if portable version receives updates? If so, yes, it receives updates but only on manual. Means you have to check manually in “chrome://settings/help” (about) for updates.

OK
I will be able to try the 64Bits version
Thank You

So I install the 64Bis version in portable version next to my vers32Bits.
I did not find any big differences.

the x64 should be a bit faster with more resources, x32 it is optimized to work with what it has