Update Testing to Comodo Internet Security v12.2.2.7036 RC

• I have uninstalled 6882 via the Control Panel, then also ran the Comodo Uninstaller Tool.

• Reinstalled 6882

• Applied hosts file edit, updated CIS and it has now successfully updated to 12.2.2.7036

Note: The first time I tried to update 6882 with the previous install I also enabled 178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com in the hosts file.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Reece

download is very slowdown;
download database repeat…

Update Failed
Windows 10 64bit

I still had 6818 installed on my old Netbook with Windows 8.1 x86 with all the latest updates. It had seen multiple if not many program updater updates and can be seen as a ‘dirty installation’.

I tried updating multiple times but got “Error: 0x80070002 - The system cannot find the file specified.” error. I tried deleting the contents of ProgramData/Comodo/Cis/Quarantine/Temp/ but that didn’t help. I then deleted the content of the folder again and rebooted but that didn’t help either. After the first attempt I noticed it had installed the recognizer for 7036.

I then uninstalled CIS, installed it again and imported the profile from the old version. Then it worked as described; I didn’t wait for the second step to happen but started the updater myself. The registration with Windows Security Center was not successful. I reset WSC and after a reboot CIS was registered.

The dirty install of 6818 didn’t work but the clean installed version with the old profile did work.

I have attached the logs of two of the three failed installations in case you would like to look at them.

this may be the same problem as comodo killswitch, comodo internet security downloaded the files but did not install (acess denied)
exemple:

KillSwitch and Cleaning Essentials. Getting Error 5 - Access Denied

I tried uninstall old version - without success - Strange…

but

I tried install on everything once again this version: Comodo Internet Security Offline Installer:
http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/prev/6818/cispremium_only_installer.exe

and worked

but this is not 12.2.2.7036 RC !!! This is 12.0.0.6818 !!! (But somebody told us this is the newest version) but this is not a problem because this version works better than 12.1

You need to run the program updater with adapted HOSTS file as described in the topic start. Instead you can add the IP address of the test server, 178.255.86.194, to Proxy and host settings and disable the regular download server.

Then a process will start with two reboots as described in this topic

Hi,
I tested the upgrade from previous versions to CIS 12.2.2.7036
Installed CIS 6882, registered in the host file: 178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
The update passed correctly to the CIS version 12.2.2.7037 (intermediate version), another update returned the CIS version 12.2.2.7036.
Win 10 1909 (720) Pro x64 :-TU

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/when-can-we-expect-a-new-version-comodo-internet-security-premiumfor-windows-10-t125578.0.html;msg896631#msg896631

Hello liosant,

Thank you for reporting.Are you still having this issue? If yes,Please confirm your exact location?
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Dharshu, Liosant is from Brazil.

Hello EricJH,

Thank you :-TU.Yes he’s from Brazil (Brasilia) and I just want to confirm with him.Might be there is an issue in his location.If it still persists in the sense will check with my corresponding team members.So let’s wait for his reply.

Kind Regards,
PD

No problems so long. Secure shopping, which is important for me, no freezing, stable - I’m really satisfied. Thank you staff for your effort!

Águas Lindas de Goiás (close to brasilia)

before the isolation of people because of the pandemic
as said before in cdn.download.comodo.com (download 500kbps) - and in download.comodo.com (download 100, 60... kbps)
after the isolation of people because of the global pandemic
downloads is very slow; However, in the days that follow the internet at a global level, it is already slow in all sectors (perhaps because of the coronavirus pandemic);

Dharshu. I found a crash log of cavwp.exe in the CIS logs folder. I have uploaded it to my OneDrive and sent the download link by pm.

I am on Windows 10 x64 1909 (18363.720).

Hello EricJH,

Thank you for reporting.
Yes I got your log and had forwarded those to my developing team members for further investigations.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello prodex,

Sounds good.Thank you for your feedback :-TU.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

On Windows 7 x64 from 6914 to the latest RC - two restarts and it’s set!
Shall I leave the hosts modification for now or restore/remove it?

It’s up to you. The AV database is now mirrored to the beta server so you will get AV updates either way.

I have installed 6914 and updated successfully to 7037 and then automatically to 7036.

I have one point of concern. Once the automatic update from 7037 to 7036 was ready CIS restarted the system without giving time to save documents or close programs. Users may get righteously upset by it and might loose information. I would like to see the announcement to postpone or immediately reboot as is usual.

The download server was slow when downloading the AV database and installation files. That could be a temporary hiccup.

I am on Windows 10 1919 (18363.720) x64. While updating I used my custom Proactive Security profile.

I found a crash by cmdinstall.exe in CisDumps folder. Dharhsu, I have sent a pm with a download link for the crash log.