- What you did: Attempted an update to CIS 5.3 from CIS 5.3. Tooltip said updates available, so I tried an update
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Update appeared to install okay until it asked for a reboot. Would not reboot normally. I could boot into Safe Mode, but could not run uninstall from Safe Mode.
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected Comodo to restart and go to the system tray. This was not a new install, just an update.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: From Safe Mode, I stopped CFP from loading from MSCONFIG. I could get into Windows (without a firewall). Then I tried to uninstall Comodo. Would not uninstall. Tried both CIS Cleanup Tools, which allowed me to uninstall. Then I tried a fresh download and install. This time I captured the XML diagnostic file which is attached. Went thru the same process again to remove Comodo. Am now running Windows Firewall.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?:
- Details & exact version of any application (except CIS) involved with download link:
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:Attached
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: CIS 5.3, MSE 2.0
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV = All disabled except Firewall=Safe Mode
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7, 64bit, UAC OFF, Administrator
- Other security and utility software installed: None, Windows Firewall was OFF when Comodo was running or installing.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):None
Cannot start computer in normal mode. Cannot uninstall Comodo from Safe Mode. NOTE: This problem occurs after completely uninstalling Comodo and then trying a clean install.
Window 7 64bit OS. All Windows updates installed.
Anyone have an ideas?
[attachment deleted by admin]