Update Failed

im new in cis…its amazing product.but the problem is antivirus database cant be upgrade…its always freeze at 30%…i wait till about 3 hours but its still freeze and sometimes its say pls check my connections…my internet connection is 1mbps…im stay in malaysia…using windows vista 64bit…im already search for other related topic but its not help.pls give solution.
i hope there have download sections for virus database and update in manual ways.

sorry for the bad english.

As a first step of troubleshooting, please disable or uninstall if you have any other firewall program including the Windows Firewall as this may be due to the conflict between two firewall programs.

If you do not have anyother firewall program other than Comodo, then try replacing Bases.cav. You will find it in the C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners directory.

1. Boot to safemode
  2. Go to C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners
  3. Delete or rename bases.cav
  4. Go to C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\repair
  5. Copy bases.cav from C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\repair to C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners
  6. Reboot
  7. Open CIS and update virus defs

Please reply regarding the status of the issue after you follow the steps provided above.

Thanks.

i did that and no success…
my update is always on 30%

Please try a clean install. Start with exporting your configuration to a folder that is not part of the Comodo folder under Program Files. This way you can restore your configuration after the reinstall.

Uninstall CIS and reboot. Then run Comodo System Cleaner to get rid off registry keys.

Then delete the Comodo folders under Program Files, Program Files\Common Files, %username%\appdata\local, %username%\appdata\roaming\ and %username%\appdata\local\virtual store .

To be even more thorough open Device Manager and set it to show hidden devices under menu option View. Then see if there are Comodo driver(s) left in non Plug and Play drivers. If so select the driver → click right → uninstall and reboot.

Now you should be good to give the install a try.

still the same… although during install update did it’s job % by %, but stopped on 25%
and there’s no option for cancel on update, it’s always on :slight_smile:
i’ll just wait for new stable version