Update Error

on updating i get this error "Error 112: Unable to copy file: cfp.exe. Please contact support.
" :frowning: whast next ??

Were you in limited account had this problem in XP.
Did system restore and updated in admin account and it worked with no problems.
Dennis

I am getting a different error running as administrator in Vista Home Premium 64bit OS with AVAST antivirus.

ā€œError 112: Unable to copy file; @dosmz.cav. Please contact support.ā€

This is because CFP protecting itself (:CLP) Try disabling the firewall and defense +. Worked for me. (:WIN)

its all good i removed it after i submited the error here i rebooted my ā€œVistaā€ system. to find that is was messing with my memory and freezing me up i have 3 Gigs of ram and it took the whole lot and locked my cpu down @ 100% (:AGY) guess it wasnt meant to be!

I installed 3.0.14.276. so far it tells me "all systems are active & running & I donā€™t need to perform any actions. Eventually will want to update it. When I choose update within the fw - Iā€™m supposed to ā€œTry disabling the firewall and defense +ā€?! Iā€™m assuming the latest updates/ upgrades will work automatically? Or will I need to uninstall/ reinstall. If so, Iā€™m less likely to mess with it unless really needed.

Win XP Pro SP2 fully updated & patched, CFP 3.0.14.276 with Defense, BoClean, Avira Antivir PE Premium, WinPatrol Free, Hostsman (MVPS/hpHosts)

Iā€™m running Vista 32 and COMODO 3.0.16.295

Previously I was also getting a Error 112. I did disable the firewall and Defense +. I did this through the COMODO control menu, however, it did not resolve my problem. I then tried to disable it through the Windows Security Center, but it still didnā€™t work. Finally, I discovered that my computer wasnā€™t running the cfpudat.exe file in C:/Program Files/COMODO/Firewall/ as an administrator. If youā€™re running the same OS as I am you may want to check that.

Right click cfpudat.exe and click properties. Click on the compatibility tab and make sure the ā€œRun this program as an administratorā€ box is checked under privilege level.

After doing this, I again made sure COMODO was disabled through the Windows Security Center and then
manually started the cfpudat.exe file by clicking on it in C:/Program Files/COMODO/Firewall/ .

It worked for me and after downloading the updates and a system restart, I enabled the firewall and now everything is working smoothly.

Although I doubt this will help ever user who is having this problem, it should help those running Vista 32 bit.