update attempt v17.4 to v17.5, download if "About" but then no install

Version 17.5.2 is available so I hoped to update from 17.4.1.

I tried the golden label at top with announcement. “Download” button did nothing except make the golden label disappear. No download occurred, even after 10 minutes.

Later, I clicked on browser’s main button and clicked “About Comodo Dragon” and a download immediately started. After 5 or 6 minutes this download finished. Within this same dialog was offered a choice to Relaunch and Install, so I chose this. The browser simply closed and NOTHING else happened. NOTHING!

I looked for an found the downloaded file, DragonSetup.exe sitting in C:\Documents and Settings\unsername\Local Settings\Temp, there it is, 26124 kb in size. So I clicked on this. Within a few seconds some good progress small windows announced that setup was getting prepared. Then nothing seemed more to happen. After 4 or 5 minutes, still nothing was happening. No installer opened. No installation occurred. NOTHING.

So there is the current result. A download occurred (through About Comodo Dragon) but the installer will not open and will not make an install.

Currently still with CD v17.4.1
Windows XP sp3

The way I finally achieved update installation was to restart the computer, go through the …LocaSettings\Temp path to the previously described DragonSetup.exe, and double clicked on it. The installation processes started a bit sluggishly, but the installer DID open this time, and the installation process took place normally from here.

Still the golden top label and usage through “About Comodo Dragon” seem to be real bugs, but at least, a way to work through to achieve update installation is possible (along with the direct link to the setup file and running it directly once downloaded). Just know that the restart of computer was necessary for me after the download done through the “About” dialog.

Version 17.5.2 is available so I hoped to update from 17.4.1.

I tried the golden label at top with announcement. “Download” button did nothing except make the golden label disappear. No download occurred, even after 10 minutes.

Later, I clicked on browser’s main button and clicked “About Comodo Dragon” and a download immediately started. After 5 or 6 minutes this download finished. Within this same dialog was offered a choice to Relaunch and Install, so I chose this. The browser simply closed and NOTHING else happened. NOTHING!

Same problem here with three different operating systems:- XP, Vista & 7 ?

Had to do a manual download and update :cry:

Great browser tho :slight_smile: Keep up the good work team :rocks:

try download the .exe then install over your current install