updat problem

It is found that update from old version leads to the increase of harddisk and virtualmemory occupation compared with reinstallation of new version. Please improve it. And it would be better to allow users to choose the components he wishes to update.

No, a fresh install is the same size as an update…

The differences were found in the last update by me and some other people. Not sure if it is a special case for the certain version.

OK, let me guess…

You updated through CIS, looked at the folder size. Wow! It’s big! 166MB.

You uninstalled, then reinstalled the new version and looked again at the folder size. Wow! Much smaller! 66MB. (If I remember the original post regarding this correctly)

Wow! Big difference right?? Not really…

OK, now let it update the virus database and check the folder size. Wow! It’s big again! :wink:

As the bases.cav is by itself larger than 100MB, the folder can not be 66MB if it contains the database unless something is seriously wrong.

You updated through CIS, looked at the folder size. Wow! It's big! 166MB.

You uninstalled, then reinstalled the new version and looked again at the folder size. Wow! Much smaller! 66MB. (If I remember the original post regarding this correctly)

Wow! Big difference right?? Not really…

OK, now let it update the virus database and check the folder size. Wow! It’s big again! Wink

As the bases.cav is by itself larger than 100MB, the folder can not be 66MB if it contains the database unless something is seriously wrong.

I kind of know what “jony327” is saying, but I have to agree 100% with HeffeD on this

Jony, can you be more specific and provide us with figures?

Yes, it is possibly due to the upate of the AV file. But I never installed the AV component, so it is better not to let me update the files I actually donot need. This is what I said at the end.

Furthermore it seems that the av files would always be loaded into virtualmemory no matter if you have installed the AV component. What is the necessity of this? Presently the only way of releasing the virtualmemory is to delete the scanners folder.

Can you show us how big each folder of your CIS installation is. Do keep in mind that the white list grows and that it may be the white list that gets transferred to virtual memory.

Even if you don’t install the AV component, the firewall install recommends a system scan to make sure your system is clean. In order to do this, it needs to download the AV database.