Unwanted Main CIS GUI Opens after running tasks started from Widget [M365]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Yes, I can reproduce this every time.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    Right-click on the icon for CIS and choose the option to “Show Common Tasks Pane”. Then, left-click on the scan icon in the widget. The three scan types will be shown in the windows which opens.

There are two main ways to see the issue. One is to just close the window. The other is to click on any of the three scan types. Any of these actions will cause the main CIS GUI to be opened, which is obviously not intended by the user.

Note that the same behavior also happens if RESET Sandbox is run from the widget. The window asking if you want to reset the sandbox opens by itself. However, closing that window causes the main CIS GUI to oepn. Also, if you choose to reset the sandbox, after the sandbox has successfully reset the main CIS GUI is opened as well.

Opening the task manager from the widget automatically opens the main CIS GUI.

The same does not happen when you check for updates. This task does not cause the main CIS GUI to open. It also does not happen for the advanced settings.

Note that I have not checked all possible widget shortcuts, but only a subset of them.

• If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    There is no need for the main CIS GUI to be opened when someone starts a scan or closes the scan types window. If the user only wants to run a scan there is no need for the main GUI to open. The same is true for resetting the sandbox and looking at the tasks.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    NA
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    NA
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    Probably just an oversight.
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
    I have attached the diagnostics and KillSwitch Process dump. Please let me know if other attachments would be helpful.
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS version 6.1.275152.2801
Default IS Configuration

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    No, it is default settings.
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:
    No, this was a clean install.
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    NA
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    NA
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 7 x64 (fully updated), UAC disabled, Real System, run as administrator.
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a)
    None b) none
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

This is still not fixed with CIS version 6.1.276867.2813.

Tracker updated, thanks.

This is not fixed with CIS version 6.2.282872.2847.

I have received feedback from the devs that they have confirmed this bug and that it will be fixed (although there are no promises as to when the fix will be available).

This is not fixed for CIS version 6.3.294583.2937.

I have updated the tracker.

This is not fixed for CIS version 7.0.313494.4115. I have updated the tracker.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Yes, Every time.
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
1: Go to “Tasks” using the main interface window.
2: Click on “Submit Files”.
3: Exit main interface window.
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
You will notice that “Submit Files” window is closed. Please check additional information section to check other windows that are affected.
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
“Submit Files” should not close without user prompt/action unless the user exits CisTray.exe.
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the conflict FAQ?:
N/A.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
N/A.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
The following windows are affected:

• “Scan” ;
  • “View connections” ;
  • “Manage Networks” ;
  • “Stealth Ports” ;
  • “Run Virtual” ;
  • “Reset Sandbox” ;
  • “Submit Files” ;
  • “Task Manager”.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
N/A.
Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
N/A.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
No.
if so, have U tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
N/A.
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No.
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
N/A.
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
UAC: Disabled
Account type: Administrator
V. Machine: Not used
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=None. b=None.

Thank you for this very well done bug report. I am not entirely certain whether it should be considered a bug or a wish, but I have decided to forward it as a bug as that is certainly how most users would see this.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Hi Chiron,

That’s exactly what I thought. Apparently, most of tasks are not affected-- so I see it as an issue.

Thanks again.

Devs should also look into widget functionality as it might not be efficient.
If these tasks are launched from widget they open main interface as well.

Obvious Example/Scenario :

• Launch “Reset Sandbox” task using widget (with Main Interface Window closed)
  • Wait for Main Interface Window (?? wrong ??)
  • Main Interface Window appears (?? wrong ??)
  • Task is being launched

It defies the point of the widget == (very) quick access to the respective task.

Thank you for pointing this out. However, it has already been reported here.

This is not fixed for CIS version 8.0.0.4337. The tracker has been updated.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version. Ma;be some progress has been made and some of the windows affected are not longer affected.

Thank you.

I don’t know if this was ever mentioned but comodo main interface opens every time i click on the Traffic pane and the Status pane. I think the main interface should not be showed because that’s the purposse of the widget, right?

Yes, juanjotoronja. The current report implies/suggests mentioned (unwanted) scenario.
Additionally, I’ve linked Bug 1109 with Bug 365. These two are possible duplicates but let’s leave it that way-- oh well.

Thank you.

Still not fixed in latest version.
v8.2.0.4591

I’ve updated tracker data.
Thank you.