Unwanted email account [RESOLVED]

How do I get rid of an unwanted email account in the Accounts module?

Hi:

Now you could remove unwanted e-mail account in account manage page from 2.5 or later.
 Open Comodo AntiSpam configuration application, go to 'e-mail accounts' page, it will list all accounts you put under monitoring. You could select accounts that you want to  remove and click 'Remove' button to remove it.
 Hope this helps.

OK yes, understandable. The devs are working ■■■■■■■ the next version - one beta which fixes several bugs out already - see Beta forum. Also some nice new features!

If you want to avoid bugs, I’d wait for the next release.

Meanwhile does 2.1 have a disable account feature? If so that might do instead of remove?

Mouse

I guess we we maybe have slightly crossed wires here. CAS 2.6 has both a remove and a disable feature for accounts. Just wondered if your version, which does not have the remove feature, has the disable feature.

Sorry I don’t have access to versions earlier than 2.5 on my machine!

Best wishes

Mouse

Hmm very confusing - CAS version numbering - I mean. Yes what is known in the forums as 2.6 is actually 2.60, so you are right actually, it is 2.10.

This arises I think because most people think that version numbers works as if it was a decimal!

Apologies

Mouse

CORRECTION

Looking at the version information in the .exe file, 2.7 IS 2.7.xxx

So its the ‘About’ information that is wrong in fact.

So I guess:

2.10 is 2.1.xxx
2.50 is 2.5.xxx
2.60 is 2.6.xxx

OMG!

Mouse

I think I’d wait for Beta 2 or the release version of 2.7 personally.

On my machine 2.6 is usable, but only with a lot of work arounds. 2.7 Beta 1 is better actually, so long as you back up and restore your whitelist (to/from a .bwl file). Don’t try and import contacts from Outlook.

Of course you may have a better experience - who knows?

I’m not sure what effect the version jump 2.1 to 2.6 or 7 will have… Maybe someone else watching this forum has experience of such a jump and can help?

Mouse

I have found out how to resolve this.

To resolve it you need to edit the registry. Only do this if you know how to edit the registry. Make sure you save a system restore point first!

1. Make sure that you have downloaded any quarantined emails you want to keep.

2. Open the registry using a registry editor like regedit. Look for a key with the format HKEY_USERS<GUID>\Software\ComodoGroup\Antispam\Accounts

For example: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-515967899-1060284298-725345543-1003\Software\ComodoGroup\AntiSpam\Accounts

You will usually be able to find this by searching on the string “ComodoGroup\Antispam\Accounts”.

1. The account you wish to delete may be represented by up to 2 sub-keys, Please delete both.

2. Close the registry and reboot

Hope this helps

Mouse