unsatisfactory interventions

I BOUGHT A 2ND HAND LENOVO X61, TRIED TO UPDATE WINDOWS, FOUND IT WAS UNLICENSED.

YOUR GB TECH PUT ON A 30 DAY VERSION WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

NOW I HAVE TO BUY WINDOWS ON AN OLD X61

Local techies advise against it as not worth it.

The GB tech a week ago should have warned me of all consequences before leaving me a mess.

1. I tried to put ubuntu on the system.

firefox does not work.

this tech told me to read the forums saying he was not trained!

as though I am better able to fathom the it jargon on the forums in openended search and even stumble upon the solution through random search specification?

I asked him to show me the thread .

He asked me to post a new topic.

[I just went through the threads after typing in firefox in ubuntu as key search terms and found nothing in the many threads I had to wade through without understanding.
it is irritating for GB techs to fob off clients this way without making the slightest effort to even not lead them to blind alleys and waste their time.
fobbing off is not good for comodo.
TECHs really need to be proactive, not just pretend politeness,
they need to understand issues written in more than the most basic english so that this client does not have to repeat himself so they can understand the complex issues they are supposed to handle expertly.
they need to read chat and not ignore or forget what clients have said at system prompts so that this client does not have to repeat what he has just written in chat.
at 60+ my short term memory is failing me. their’s too?

1. I asked him and others to fix my win 7 [vista upgraded OEM on my acer PC]

He and Different GB techs tell me yes/no.

GB Techs should know and say consistently if they can reinstall win 7 for me or not.

1. GB techs seem to fob off queries not appreciating that gb claims to let clients sit back and they will do all the work. this is not service, just aggravation.

2. the GB site does not say it will not help me with windows reinstall. who is misrepresenting GB? techs or the site?

3. with SKYPE install; one tech told me he could not install it for me or fix the sound difficulties. your site says that is what GB techs do. who is misrepresenting GB? tehcs or the site? the site says you will install all win software. in 2 pages.

but windows itself is excluded?

1. GB techs are polite but ignore issues or criticisms raised in a way they do not recur. pointless apologies are just lip service.

if you look at my history you will see the issues and hopefully the tech advice which sparked this email [again]

would like a real reply.

previous emails have got no constructive response.