Unnamed item consistently wanting direct screen access

Hi, I’ve been using CFP for a few weeks, love it. However, just today, I’m getting a lot of pop-ups about " is trying to access the screen directly." And that’s literally what it says. Some unnamed process that I can’t track down keeps wanting screen access, and no matter if I tell CFP to Allow, Block, or Treat it as ____ you name it, it keeps popping up. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen and could advise me. It’s annoying, as I can’t do things on Firefox while it pops up.

I primarily use Firefox and I just upgraded to AVG 8.0 today, I think that could have something to do with it, but… I don’t know how to fix it if that’s true.

I’ve been having the exact same problem since the last update. Running vista sp1 here…

same thing happening with me except I upgraded to avg 8.0 a while ago so im pretty sure its not that, it must be something to do with the new update because since I updated its been doing that mind you I have restarted so… yea.

I don’t use AVG, so it’s surely not that…

I don’t use any AV at the moment… Fresh install…

Have you tried a remember to see if anything shows up in the D+/Computer Security Policy list?

Yes., nothing ever gets added… And it keeps bugging you…

I notice it a lot when opening media player classic… But it happens all over…

restart fixed it

Well, I haven’t seen it pop up all today, but since I didn’t actually do anything, I’m not sure what that means. It may just not be under the right circumstances. Maybe it is just a restart that will fix.

Let us know please :slight_smile:

Josh

Hi! This happens to me too. CFP starts continuously pop-ups warning about processes trying to access the screen directly. Sometimes is an unnamed process and sometimes is well-known applications, like Firefox. It doesn’t matter if I check “Remember my answer” or if I change to “Trusted Application”, it continues popping up. I restarted CFP and the PC and nothing changes. All this happens since last update. The version I’m using is 3.0.24.368. I hope that you can help me, now that I was happy of getting rid of that ■■■■ of ZoneAlarm…

The new update is causing problems. I will be using a DVD program it will want to “Take control” or some other ■■■■■■■■ “recording keystroke” of every program it’ll take me forever to keep acceping random ■■■■■■■■.

Why is the new version causing so many problems?

I still Love Comodo though. (R)

Hi Guys,

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling CFP? This might happen if some files could not be updated properly.

Thank you for the cooperation,
Egemen