Unlimited Rights Popup - Sandbox

On Unlimited Rights Popup - Sandbox - What is the Sandboxing Level??? Is it the same as Autosandbox i.e Partial Limited or any other level??? Do apps install & run normal in this Sandbox???

Thanxx
Naren

I believe you are asking about the below attachment correct?

It’s asking if the application can run with administrator privileges
or If you wish you can sandbox it

Did this help?

Jake

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes I am asking about this. But you didn’t answer my questions.

What is the Sandboxing Level??? Is it the same as Autosandbox i.e Partial Limited or any other level???

Do apps install & run normal in this Sandbox???

Thanxx
Naren

If you click allow; it will run outside of the sandbox

If you click sandbox it will by default sandbox partially limited

apps can run in the sandbox; but i wouldn’t recommend installing any Safe apps in the sandbox because once restarted those apps will no longer be there…

Currently I have firefox running in the sandbox as partially limited;

Hope this helps

Jake

What did you mean by the above bold sentence.??? What I understood is that apps can install & run fine in the sandbox. What did you mean by “once restarted those apps will no longer be there”, I didn’t understood this coz if I install any apps in the sandbox they are there after the system restart.

Thanxx
Naren

Aw; I’m sorry for the misunderstanding;

From my understanding if you install a program using the sandbox; it will no longer be there on the next restart - but it must be only that if you install malware it won’t be there on the next restart.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Jake

This thing I am asking coz my bro downloads & installs lots of various softwares & coz he is an average user always clicks sandbox whenever the Unlimited Rights popup is there recommending the unsigned apps to sandbox. So I wanted to know the sandoxed apps install & run normal or not, especially apps like system cleaner, registry cleaner, do these apps work correctly in the sandbox i.e no FP’s due to working in sandbox.

Thanxx
Naren

If in sandbox; system cleaners may not work for they are in a virtual environment;
Please see here

Comodo Help <

Hope this helps

Jake

Just for try I installed Eusing & got Unlimited Rights popup to sandbox the unsigned app & I sandboxed it. It installed fine & working fine i.e all the scanning is running fine but coz this is running in sandbox I am little scared to clean the scan findings thinking due to it running in the SB there may be chances of eusing reporting FP’s i.e valid entries.

1 thing more. An app installed in sandbox through Unlimited Right popup will always run in sandbox till it is uninstalled & installed again out of SB, right??

Thanxx
Naren

If an application is run in the sandbox,

Modification of protected files/registry keys is not allowed.
http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-170-1710-Execution-Control-Settings.html So Eusing will not work as expected. ;)
1 thing more. An app installed in sandbox through Unlimited Right popup will always run in sandbox till it is uninstalled & installed again out of SB, right??
No, it will not be added to [url=http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-170-1735-Always-Sandbox.html][i]Always Sandbox[/i][/url]. If the installed files are not recognised, the application will automatically be sandboxed.

So you say eusing will not work i.e you mean to say may be its scanning & showing the invalid entries found it cannot delete them, right?? I will try deleting few safe entries.

You say apps installed in SB will not always run SB. Does this mean apps installed in SB will run SB for that time only. When restarted they will not run SB & therefore this time the apps will be allowed to Modify protected files/registry keys.

You say “No, it will not be added to Always Sandbox. If the installed files are not recognised, the application will automatically be sandboxed.” But when I install unknown apps in sandbox & after system restart too when I try to run the app it is not automatically sandboxed & there are no entries in the D+ events showing it is safe.

Thanxx
Naren

It will not be able to modify/delete protected registry keys.

You say apps installed in SB will not always run SB. Does this mean apps installed in SB will run SB for that time only. When restarted they will not run SB & therefore this time the apps will be allowed to Modify protected files/registry keys.
They will run in sandbox if they are not recognised as safe. If you want to run recognised applications in the sandbox, add them to [i]Always Sandbox[/i].
You say "No, it will not be added to Always Sandbox. If the installed files are not recognised, the application will automatically be sandboxed." But when I install unknown apps in sandbox & after system restart too when I try to run the app it is not automatically sandboxed & there are no entries in the D+ events showing it is safe.
I ran an unrecognised installer in the sandbox, and the installed application is automatically sandboxed (without alert) every time I run it. In D+ Events: [i]Sandboxed as Partially Limited[/i].

Ok I got the points.

Just 1 thing.

If an unknown app is installed SB then on further run if found safe no popups & if found unknown it will be automatically sandboxed, right??

I tried Eusing & Abyssal Registry Cleaners. Installed both in SB through Unlimited Rights Popup. Started both through the shortcuts on desktop. Abyssal gets automatically sandboxed this what you meant, right?? But Eusing doen’t gets automatically sandboxed, it gives Unlimted Rights Popup everytime whether I click SB or allow, why??

Thanxx
Naren

Right. :slight_smile:

I tried Eusing & Abyssal Registry Cleaners. Installed both in SB through Unlimited Rights Popup. Started both through the shortcuts on desktop. Abyssal gets automatically sandboxed this what you meant, right?? But Eusing doen't gets automatically sandboxed, it gives Unlimted Rights Popup everytime whether I click SB or allow, why??
Eusing (and similar applications) has a “manifest”, that causes the Unlimited Access alert. It also causes a UAC alert on Vista and 7, since such applications require administrator rights to work properly.