Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products, inc CIS v5

Hello GuyD;

This isn’t a replacement tool for the built-in uninstaller in any way…

Revo Uninstaller is a great tool; but In a sense the answer would be Yes, I’ll have to put Revo in a test in order to find out exactly; It’s just Revo can detect the UID and right now this tool cannot so maybe 5 or 6 Registry Keys are left over(will be changed in 4.0), Other than that This tool can remove more then Revo; We Focus on Just 22 Products As For Revo Tries to Use an Analyzer to detect What Product Uses What Registry/File but Can’t detect the Temporary Files or after restart cannot detect what was left over; as for us we use a different method :slight_smile:

You can use it After using the Built-in Unlike Revo; We don’t have the application analyze anything (besides 64 bit or 32 bit); we have the application target specific Files for removal/deletion; using a File/Registry Database;

Yes; Thats the one of the primary reasons why we built this tool is to clean up left over temp files or stubborn files that weren’t removed while using the built-in;

Please “include me out” of your " We all know"
I do not know what they put in place.

Perhaps I do not go to the same interesting places in the Internet !

There are people that still want to use software after the trial period is over. So they think let me uninstall it, and reinstall it, and I will have a trial period reset. Wrong and not very smart. Even if you use an uninstaller like Revo in expert mode it won’t delete that particular file or registry key.

The product will uninstall itself but puts something extra or does not delete something to just prevent that. So every, and I mean every software manufacturer just puts something in the registry or in some hidden file.

That’s just what I was refering too, and having access to that information is just that and doesn’t mean I would use such despicable method to try to use software again after the trial period.

Knowing that

Not sure if this is related to the Cleanup tool but after uninstalling Comodo Internet Security (latest version as of last week, firewall only) and rebooting then running this tool and rebooting now Windows Security Center doesn’t recognize Avast! as my antivirus (shows nothing is installed).

Win 7 Home Premium 32bit

Hello grantdb,

I’ll try to reproduce your problem and report back to you my result

Thanks for Letting me Know!

what am I supposed to type where it says “your input:”?

Your Supposed To Enter Either 1 or 2 (2 For disagree to terms/disclaimer)

To me it’s all blurred, can’t see thing.

Now there’s worse, I mean really musch worse.

The fact is I just discoverd some week ago that developers of CIS not only upgraded their version of CIS since a few weeks to one that consumes some 80% of CPU, to me and a few others (the cmdagent case), but I’ve come to the conclusion that COMODO leaves so much stuff on your PC while uninstalling it on your PC “the normal way”, so much in fact you won’t beleve your eyes.

Yes, after the last normal uninstall of CIS I was left with over 8000 registry entries. Not possible ? If so I can prove it. The thing is after an install or an uninstall (that I’m not sure), every program including Comodo makes some temperory files.

Comodo CIS makes over 8000 of them. Now they get deleted, so that’s OK. But this is what I found out: every temp file makes a corresponding “long” registry entry. When the temp files are removed, by yourself or by Comodo (I hope - I’m not sure, c’se I move them myself from time to time ), the registry entries are left over and they will stay there forever.

So yes this too is indispensable.

Incorrect.
It is windows that creates registry entries for each and every excuse, and Temp files are one of its excuses.
I do agree that temp files are inconvenient, but they are not in themselves malevolent.

Still true. Well all depends on your point of view. I you put the dots on the i you can say that it’s Windows that perhaps creates the temp files.

It’s also Windows that installs Comodo. Comodo uses some of Windows buil-in tools. Now the developers know that I suppose ? or not ? of course they know.

It’s because Comodo installs or removes something from your PC that temp files and I hope you agree to admit reg entries are created too. Reg entries that correspond to temp files.

Now are these temp files removed by Comodo or not while installing or removing Comodo CIS ? I hope and guess so.

Anyway it’s Comodo’s job (the developers) to see that these reg entries are removed too ? Let me point out that not everyone uses a regcleaner.

Almost all software developers just don’t care what’s left behind on your PC after their software is developed. That’ll teach ppl. to remove their software. Is that the general idea behind it ? I don’t think so, but it’s just so much more work for the developers to make software that leaves almost nothing behind after an uninstall.

6 months ago I had CIS installed on my x64 W7 machine. I uninstalled it through the control panel with no complications. I manually removed any folders/files, and chased all of that with Auslogics Registry cleaner which found and removed 4 or 5 items. Then I found this tool and ran it, with no issues and all was good.

Today I was doing some looking in: Device Manager>View>Show Hidden Devices>Non Plug and Play Drivers and to my surprise, there were still 5 Comodo Drivers installed??? I manually uninstalled them and all is good, but now I’m wondering what else Comodo left behind? >:(

I have only had Panda Cloud, avast! Internet Security (my current AV) and Comodo on this machine. Panda left no drivers behind, just Comodo.

This should be addressed. ???

Hello D Bone;

Thank you for your feedback;

I’ve fixed the issue in the next version which should be released soon

Glad to hear it Jacob :-TU

Here is what it looks like right now on my desktop; (I’m still working on the Removal Process’s)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very cool. Comodo needs to look to employ your services. :wink:

Thanks; I’ve only been working on it here and there, haven’t been consistent with it.

Comodo needs to look to employ your service
I know for a fact if you compare them to me, I would be like a box in ally while they'll be like the Empire State Building :P....

Not Much of a Programmer or a Developer Honestly It’s just a hobby…

Thx Jacob :wink:

Nice work ^^, but where to download the new version? Can’t wait to try it~

Not Released Yet;
The Moderators are gathering ideas and putting it into this tool; thus why it is taking such long time to get it out;
The Current Screenshot is not what it looks like now (thats how much changes are going into it)…

I’ll upload more screenshots and keep ya’ll updated.