Uninstalled COMODO but still showing as ON in Windows Security Center

Hi All,

I"ve uninstalled Comodo Firewall Pro, however, when I goto Windows Security Center and look under firewall, it shows that COMODO Firewall is ON. What the heck is going on here?

Jeff

Greetings!

Open the start menu, click Run and write cmd. Now in the command prompt window, write NET STOP WINMGMT /Y and then cd "%windir%\system32\wbem". Now write RD /S /Q “Repository” and finish with NET START WINMGMT /Y . Reboot your computer, and the problem should be solved.
Else, the best idea is to disable the Security Center, as you know better yourself if your security softwares are running or not.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Thanks for the quick response. That worked well. Thank you. The reason I uninstalled is when i run a full screen game like Call Of Duty 4, the computer freezes up because in the background, Comodo is asking me if I want to allow blah blah blah, etc etc etc. Trying to get back to the desktop is a nightmare, other times I’ve had to restart then chkdsk /f to make sure nothing is ■■■■■■■. I finally was successful in allowing everything for it and it was fine for awhile, then it did it again. Then it was happening with other games (IE: America’s Army). Anyways, there was another problem I was having but can’t remember what it was which caused me to finally uninstall. The whole thing was getting quite annoying with all the notifications all the time.

Jeff

Hi,

I"ve uninstalled the last version of Comodo Firewall Pro, however, when I goto Vista Windows Security Center and look under firewall, it shows that COMODO Firewall is ON.How could i solve this issue?
mecvso

Welcome to the forums mecvso!

Read my post above. Do as it says, but run the Command Prompt with administrative rights.

Cheers,
Ragwing