Uninstalled CIS 3.8

Sadly I’ve had to uninstall CIS 3.8 today, It keeps locking up my Dell AIO810 Printer/Scanner. I’ve had help from people on this forum that I am very grateful for but none of the steps they gave me have been able to solve the problem. I will still use CIS on my other computer that doesn’t have a printer because I love CIS layered protection approach and its one of the only applications that makes me feel safe on-line because I know what is doing what. Please can you try and sort out this conflict.

Every time I print or scan it starts then locks up and crashes. It happens on Vista And XP 32bit (there both the PC’s I’ve had problems with it). It has happened with all the versions of CIS to date.

At the moment I’m running AVIRA, Webroot Firewall and Spyware Terminator.

sorry to hear about that antbates1991. :-\

I have a feeling it has to do with your D+ settings but Iam unsure and will not bother trouble-shooting this with you.
If you want to you could try http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/index.html

COMODO Internet Security PRO the free 30 day trial, with that choice comodo will hook you up and it includes Computer & Printer Troubleshooting… witch seems to be your problem, so hopefully it would solve your problem…

Do at you please, but thats my suggestion! :-TU

I was told before to set all processes and applications that use the printer/scanner to “Allow All Requests”, but that still didn’t make any difference. I think tomorrow I may try the Pro and see if it works cus I really like CIS :).

Well I hope it works out for you!

Good luck! :-TU :-TU (if you feel like doing a simple trouble-shooting yourself I would disable D+ completely and run a print… If it works, than you have narrowed the problem down a lot…)

None of the Pro guys were able to solve my problem either, so tried reinstalling the printer drives with CIS on as before I installed the printer then CIS. Big mastake lol. Vista wouldnt boot up so it fell back and booted up its recovery partition, ran some tests, reset the changes made from the printer and now I’m back at square one.

It’s a fairly old printer so I think the problem is not only does it not like CIS, I don’t think its too keen on Vista, even though it has Vista made drivers.

I think I may buy a new printer, one that is designed to work with Vista not have drivers to make it okish with it. I think this could be part of the problem.

Well if you can’t print at all even without CIS then its something else…

Check so the cable is connected… (joking) :wink: :wink: