Uninstallation of other sw freezes, system hangs, CIS tray crashes

BUG

Win 10 Pro x64 1909 build 18363.592
CIS 12.1.0.6914; firewall, antivirus and virusscope active, others disabled
no other firewall or a/v software, defender is also disabled

1. Not reproducible, at least I haven’t intentionally attempted to reproduce it yet.

2. What happened:
    Since I’ve updated CIS (uninstalling previous version, installing current, using old configuration) a few days ago, twice I attempted to uninstall some program in the control panel. In both cases, the uninstallation procedure immediately hang, and although the desktop didn’t crash, I wasn’t able to launch any application, e.g. task manager wouldn’t start. After a few minutes, things started working again, e.g. task manager would suddenly pop up. However, in both cases CIS “crashed”, by which I mean that the taskbar icon would disappear, launching from start menu opened CIS menu but the taskbar icon didn’t come back; other things seem to work properly within CIS. The previously started uninstallation procedure was cancelled, but after things got un-hanged, I could uninstall the programs I wanted.

3. As mentioned, I recently upgraded (Feb 2) CIS and since then this issue has already occurred twice; never before. I’m using the configuration file from the previous version - I’ll try to configure things from scratch to see if that helps.

Tried to attach diagnostics file created soon after the issue, however, couldn’t post. I’ll try to upload it once I’ve successfully opened this issue.
KillSwitch - not installed, do I really need this?

Hello Kukac,

Thank you for reporting.
Current stable versions has some fix and these are the known issues so if you want please check with latest CIS v12.2.1.6950 Beta 2 (or) else please wait for the upcoming stable release.

Note : While installing another version of CIS kindly use the latest Comodo Uninstaller Tool (Select upon your windows bit) for the clean Uninstall of the CIS and then Install and check.

Kind Regards,
PD

OK, will use uninstaller then check the beta.

On second thought, do I really need the beta if, as you wrote, the “current stable version has some fix”? Wouldn’t it be enough to just uninstall & clean up and reinstall the current stable version again?

Hello Kukac,

No no,Some of the fixes(issues) in v12.1.0.6914 are fixed in the “BETA 2” so I suggested if want to install the beta (or) else please move with the other CIS versions.

Kind Regards,
PD

I see, it’s my misunderstanding then. In any case, I’ve installed the beta and so far haven’t had any of the above problems. Thanks for the help!

Hello Kukac,

Thank you for your response :-TU.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello Kukac,

We pleased to inform you that new version of CIS has been released.So could you please check with this latest version of CIS v12.2.2.7036 and update me.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD