Unable to validate new domain

I’ve just spent an hour in live chat getting a response every 10 minutes and getting no where, so thought I might try here instead!

I am trying to have a new domain validated in your certificate manager. I have completed the CNAME preliminary stage but the request for validation just stays at “Awaiting request response…”.

What needs to happen at this stage? Is it something we need to do or Comodo? We have tried several times and it just resets and needs the whole process starting again.

The support on live chat just keep asking me for an order number which I don’t have as I can’t order a certificate until the domain is validated.

Please help me as I don’t know what else to do!

I’m sorry about your frustration. Chat is often very helpful in my expediences.

Did you ever get your issue resolved? If not, have you verified that your CNAME has propagated across the Internet? I recommend that you check that via a 3rd party site. I personally use https://www.whatsmydns.net/ and it’s treated me well and helped me solve many issues. If all else fails, you may want to call in to Certificate Manager support @ 1-888-256-2608 (if you’re international, use Skype if you have it to call), second tier support has diagnostic tools that may be able to shed some light on to why Certificate Manager can not validate your domain via CNAME.

Hope this helps!!