Unable to 'just' install the firewall without antivirus

Hi,

I’ve been trying to install the firewall only and every time i deselect the antivirus part it installs anyway!

I currently have it disabled and now there is an annoying red warning on the widget saying AT RISK because antivirus is disabled.

Any ideas please?

Hi Slaine36,

Thank you for reporting.
Kindly refer the below link to download only comodo firewall version.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2020-v12228012-released-t126945.0.html;msg906599#msg906599

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the Firewall link, chose to install the firewall only without anything else and guess what?. After a restart the antivirus is there!

At this point all I seem to be able to do is have it install itself without me choosing to and disable it in the widget and then seeing a red AT RISK alert!

I have attached a photo of what I’m seeing.

It’s doing my head in!

Hi Slaine36,

Seems like you have downloaded and installed comodo internet security premium.
So kindly use the below link to download comodo firewall only and install & check.
https://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/8050/standalone/cfw_installer.exe#_ga=2.138381365.408074729.1662964490-84206044.1656497077

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Buddy,

No that’s not correct as I 100% downloaded the firewall only and not internet security premium as you suggested.

That link is for the same file I tried following your other post, same file size/version

The same thing happens, I deselect install of antivirus/dragon browser etc and it installs anyway!!

I’ve managed to get rid of it anyway by going into control panel/programs and features , run the uninstall/change option for the firewall and manually remove the antivirus that way

What an absolute backward way of not installing an unwanted forced on me feature

Thanks for your help regardless…

Hi Slaine36,

Let me check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Slaine36,

We have checked and found that the Comodo firewall version only installs firewall not Av.

The same thing happens, I deselect install of antivirus/dragon browser and it installs anyway!!
And Comodo firewall only doesn't offer AV to install, it offers to install only comodo dragon web browser and internet security essential. Seems like your previous CIS doesn't uninstalled/removed properly, so that you are facing this issue. However we will reach you through private message to sort out this issue.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT