Unable to install CD 4.0.1.6

I download the executable DragonSetup.exe and run it. And before anything else appears on the screen the following dialog box appears (cut’n’paste straight form the dialog box):

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: D:\Scrap\DragonSetup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

OK

Then it shuts down and I cannot get any further with it. Any ideas ?

Comp specs:
Win 7 Professional x64
i7 820 CPU
8GB Ram
CIS 4 installed (sandboxing disabled, Defense+ in training mode for the installation attempt)
Not other AV resident programs running.

Have you tried the latest beta?

Try this one, It’s already installed. :slight_smile: extract .rar file and place on desktop. then run it :slight_smile:

New portable comodo dragon version 4.0.1.6

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34U8AFM9

Cheers N Ewt… err I mean Sal Amander (dang, its SO hard to tell the difference isn’t it! ;D )

I’ll give it a shot when I get home.

@jay2007tech
thanks for that mate but I’d really like to know WHY the official one cannot install on my machine since something is obviously not right with either my computer or the comodo installer, its most perplexing.

If all else fails I’ll come running and grab the portable one.

The beta setup performed in the same manner. Looking in the event log I get the follow Application Error event:

Faulting application name: DragonSetup.exe, version: 4.1.0.4, time stamp: 0x4bc7049b
Faulting module name: DragonSetup.exe, version: 4.1.0.4, time stamp: 0x4bc7049b
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0004be4d
Faulting process id: 0x115c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cae0844fa64a74
Faulting application path: D:\Scrap\DragonSetup.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Scrap\DragonSetup.exe
Report Id: 8e9ccef2-4c77-11df-8818-6cf0490a9994

I’m thinking I’ll log it as a bug in the bug sub forum… not sure what else to do.

I'll log it as a bug in the bug sub forum
A possibility to narrow down the problem

Can you produce the logs from event viewer???

Like for xp (How to do it following microsoft step-by-step process)

Also does the portable one work for you? I ask this because if it works, it would help narrow some possibles down from many

Just an idea

Unless I am misreading something in the KB article, isn’t what I have posted earlier the log from the Event Viewer?

Unless I am misreading something in the KB article, isn't what I have posted earlier the log from the Event Viewer?
I guess you right,

I don’t why, but I was kind of thinking the logs would be bigger that that. But then again, I haven’t viewed a log from event viewer in a long time

I apologizes :■■■■