Unable to activate my licence, I am stuck on the trial period

I am not able to enter my free license

I have tried it with two different licenses that were e-mailed to me and I keep getting the same error:

An error has occurred. Error -2146697211: Unknown error, please contact support.

Does anyone know how I can apply the license to this software? Can I uninstall it and then reinstall it later to restart the trial process or is it just going to stop working for me in 30 days?

some problem here, same error code, but with a diferent program — the i-vault password manager.
Try with another registation e another code, and same think happened again !!!

with anti-virus and firewall no problems …

Have you contacted support? Have you tried changing the firewall to allow all temporarily? Although, due to there being other programs doing this there may be a problem connecting to Comodo.
How long has this been happening?

Mike

Yes, I have just sent an e-mail out to them as there was a program blocking me from accessing my e-mail account for a while so I thought I would check here to see if anyone knew a fix to this.

Have you tried changing the firewall to allow all temporarily? Although, due to there being other programs doing this there may be a problem connecting to Comodo.

I can’t really allow everything to access the internet at this moment, there are a few programs that I’m iffy about, but I will try that as soon as I can. Would you happen to know what applications need to connect to the internet to perform the licensing code transfers?

In my opinion though it seems as if it is an internal problem as it doesn’t even look like it is timing out on a connection, just an immediate error message when I click the Activate button.

How long has this been happening?
This happend the very first time the message to input the code automatically came up after I installed comodo. I restarted my computer and still the same thing happend, I applied for another code and it still happend.

This firewall is a very good product, easily better then many firewalls I have paid money for over the years. I just want to use it longer then the trial period :smiley:

Yes, I have just sent an e-mail out to them as there was a program blocking me from accessing my e-mail account for a while so I thought I would check here to see if anyone knew a fix to this.
The support team are excellent here for Comodo you should get a reply soon.
Would you happen to know what applications need to connect to the internet to perform the licensing code transfers?
Only the Comodo applications needs internet access for this to work.

Please try and contact Melih by sending him a PM, maybe he can shed some light on this.

Hi,

Did you print off the activation e-mail. I tried copying my code from the e-mail but the 1#s look very like l’s. As soon as I printer it I found that I was mis-typing.

Cheers,

Are you behind a proxy server? I’ve seen another posting on one of the other forums (I think the backup forum) about not being able to register if youre behind a proxy. They were going to fix this for backup. Can you direct connect or bypass the proxy (If you have one, that is ;))

Rgds,
ewen :slight_smile:

Hi! I’ve been having the exact same problem with my installation of CPF. I’ve been playing email tag with Tech Support for almost a week with no end in sight. I’ve read here that Tech Support is very good. But, I’ve got to be honest, I’m not impressed. I emailed Tech Support with a screen shot of the error and the details of my system. So far, I’ve received 5 emails from Tech Support, from 5 different Techs, each asking for almost the same exact information. It’s as if I’ve never answered the previous emails. But I have. The evidence is that my replies are attached to each of the emails I receive from Tech Support. It’s very frustrating!

I’ve tried setting CPF to Allow All and then entering the activation code (I don’t type it in, I cut & paste it in). But the results is the same.

Has anyone gotten a resolution to this from Tech Support?

Clem

My connection: Notebook → proxomido → ISA → Proxy & firewall → Internet. But the update process worked, so it’s annoying that i can’t activate this (btw. i just want to test it). I wonder if there’ll be a solution for this later…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

Why not try getting a new license key? I’m sure there are times when the key generator is overloaded and didn’t register the key it gave you with Comodo to activate it.

Regards,

Justin

I also had a problem getting my key registered… until I temporarily followed the advice above and adjusted the security setting to “allowed all” until the registration was complete.

Hi,

Our developers are aware of this issue and a fix will be available soon.

Once it is available they will post an update on the forum.

Garry Bickerton
Head of Global Support and Customer Care Manager

You are getting this activation error because you are behind a corporate proxy server such as Microsoft’s ISA Server and port 80 is blocked on your network by the corporate firewall. The Comodo Firewall License Activation feature does not read the proxy settings of your internet browser and the License Activation tries to connect on port 80 which is the default for HTTP traffic, but port 80 traffic is not allowed because of your corporate firewall blocking that port. If the License Activation feature was reprogrammed in future updates to use the computer’s internet connection settings then the License Activation would work. The Updater checks and uses Internet Explorer’s connection settings, why doesn’t the License Activator?

This should be a future requested feature for the programmers at Comodo to implement into the firewall so people behind a corporate firewall and using an authenticating proxy server can activate the software.

I am very impressed with this firewall; however, I too, am having the same problem. I cannot activate the license no matter what I try. I have been in touch w/tech support, as well; sending screenshots, etc. All to no avail so far. I just now set the security to allow all and still get the same message.

I have even uninstalled (thinking there would be a repair feature) and reinstalled in the hopes that a fresh install would be the answer. Nope … nothin’ yet! >:(

I thought I would post in the forum, hoping that maybe someone else had encountered the same thing. It looks like they have, but it doesn’t look like there’s a solution! (:AGY)

Can someone please help? I want to get off of the trial version ASAP!

Thanks for everyone’s input. :THNK

Hi,

Just to go back to basics…have you tried everything at:

And, you are using Internet Explorer as your default browser?

Garry

I had this problem, too. But suddenly it worked and I think I have a clue, why:
At first, I denied some connection attempts that looked weird to me. Later I found out that these had to do with DHCP, because the connection wasn’t established then (got a MS-APIPA IP Adress).
Then I did ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew and allowed the connections in CPF. Afterwards activation worked.
At least, that’s how it turned out for me.

Please check that you don’t have “comodo.com” or “comodogroup.com” blocked in your HOSTS file or in your IP blocker (peerguardian, protowall, etc.)

Very good point Pan. I keep forgetting that one. It has solved quite a few issues regarding the activation string.

me bad :wink:

ewen :slight_smile:

Hehe ;D

Thanks Ewen

ps. maybe we should add this topic at the FAQ section