UI opening/navigation starting to slow down...again!

Unfortunately, my installations of CIS 6 are following a very familiar pattern. This is the forth or fifth fresh install on a likewise fresh install of Windows 7 x64 and we’re now getting to the point where it’s becoming unusable, simply because of the time it takes to open the UI and to navigate within, once opened.

Interestingly, with 2708, it almost looks like the application goes to ‘sleep’ if not accessed for a period of time, this is not something I saw with the previous build. Below is the amount of time it takes for the UI to open, having been ‘asleep’ for about an hour.

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cis.exe - 5 executions

As can be seen, the first attempt takes 24 and half seconds, but subsequent attempts are quite quick, although still much slower than 5.x versions. This is reproducible.

This particular installation has been running since 2708 was released on 30th January and no changes have been made for the last couple of days. Prior to the slowdown today, opening and navigation had been ‘ok’ basically in the order of one to one and half seconds.

Unfortunately, it’s not just the main UI which seems to ‘sleep’, it’s also, as I mentioned, switching to other areas once opened. For example, if I attempt to open a short-cut to Firewall settings, it will take a similar amount of time as the initial opening of the UI. However, this navigation also improves on subsequent attempts, at least until the next ‘sleep’.

Right now I’m at a loss. 2708 seems ‘better’ than the last release, but having to wait half a minute for an application to open, even if it is every now and again, is hardly ideal.

I guess I’ll try one more install and see where it goes…

Edit: another four hours later:

Edit: Here we are after turning the PC off for the night. This is the first time accessing the UI since start-up

[attachment deleted by admin]

I can’t remember if you already created a bug report for this. If so please add this information to your bug report as it’s probably very important.

However, if you have not yet created a bug report for this I think it would definitely be worth creating one for it.

Thanks.

I haven’t as yet Chiron, I thought I’d see if anyone else is seeing anything similar. I’ll reinstall again tomorrow but I’ll generate a bug report first.