UDP In, Dest IP (NOT MY IP) in App Mon?????

I just installed TVUPlayer and allowed a few alerts, when I looked at the app mon there were lots of UDP In with destination IPs all other than my IP. I thought for an IN rule destination should be my IP, my localhost or 0.0.0.0. Am I wrong? Could anyone explain that to me please.

Thanks

Hilmi (:SAD)

What happened to our very helpful and responsive forum, or is this a very stupid question???

Please enlighten me

Hilmi

Can you please post an image of the app monitor rules showing this? This is really odd, as you’re correct in saying the destination IP of the inbound rule should be your IP.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I knew a m8 would come for a help. I attached the snapshot. Three entries UDP In on port 3941.

Thanks

Hilmi

[attachment deleted by admin]

G’day,

I’ve got no answer for this. The destination of an inbound rule should be either 127.X.X.X or your LAN IP address. I’d go to http://support.comodo.com, register and lodge a support ticket on this.

Please post any replies back here, you’ve got my curiousity up!

Ewen :slight_smile:

Shall do soon, thanks mate

Hilmi

Ewen, Ticket’s been submitted. Meanwhile I browsed thru the logs and saw that initially there is an allowed UDP Out to this IP on the same port 3941 and then later on an app mon access denied for UDP In for the same IP-same port (that’s when I got the alert and allowed). Just wanted to let you know if you can make any sense out of it as I could not.

Will let you know when I get a reply from support

Hilmi