UDP Flood

Hi,
I have a streaming video app that uses UDP (encapsulated IEEE1394) and Comodo blocks the stream because of the (very) high UDP packet rate. Is there a work around other than switching off the firewall?

Thanks,
Glenn

G’day Glenn,

If you open CFP and click on SECURITY - ADVANCED - ADVANCED ATTACK DETECTION AND PREVENTION, there is an option that allows you to specify what is considered the UDP flood threshhold. Try upping the packets per second figure from the default of 50 to 999. If it is still detected as a flood, leave the packet figure at 999 but lower the second figure from 20 to 10 and retest.

If this works, please repost here for the benefit of others. I’m sure you’ll repost if it doesn’t. :wink:

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen,
changing the packets per second and/or the duration of the ‘attack’ doesn’t work. I am sending thousands (maybe millions) of packets per second. Each video stream consumes 30Mbps! And I receive up to 8 streams simultaneously (over Gbit obviously). I even have a couple of streams travelling transcontinentally on our own network (10Gbit). BTW this is a sanctioned activity :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Glenn

I was wondering. :wink:

I’d register and lodge a support ticket at the official suport centre - http://support.comodo.com

When you get an answer, can you please post a transcript of the solution/advice here for the benefit of others.

TIA
Ewen :slight_smile: