Two questions....

Hi,
I am thinking of downloading BoClean but i have two questions about it… ???

1. Will it clash with my NOD-32 AV??
  2. Is it a resource hog??

Reply…ASAP :slight_smile:
Thanks.

Ashu

Hi,

1. I don’t know about NOD32 specifically, someone else probably do. However BOClean is designed to run along your AV.
  2. Not in my opinion, it’s a handful of megabytes.

My advice is to give it a try, it’s a simple but quite powerful little program. :slight_smile:

/LA

Hi Ashu

1.No problems with Nod and BOclean here, they work well together.

2.BOclean is light u will hardly notice it is there.

Remember when downloading u will have to b logged as admistrator or owner, olso when u download and setup, reboot to start BOclean.

Hope this helps
Novie :■■■■

On my machine I see a little blip of 22% CPU usage every 10 seconds, that’s all.
Think I can live with that considering all the extra protection it gives.
The 2 Boclean files that run just take up about 15Mb of ram.

Many people who are using NOD32 use BOClean with no problems.
You may be wise to disable NOD32 (or any other AV/AS programs) while installing BOClean though, although my installation went smoothly without doing this.

Mike.

Thanks all you guys…I think I’ll give it a try… (:WIN)

mikeg, i am glad you mentioned that BOC is using 22% “CPU”, on your computer… i hadn’t noticed that BOC 4.24 uses as much CPU as it does… on my computer, i haven’t seen it using “22% CPU”, but it was flunctuating between 8 and 11 % CPU… (some people would argue that what we see in “task manager” is not accurate, for the “CPU” of programs like BOC)…

still, it concerns me, a little… i remember there was a problem with BOC build 4.12 where it would use a lot of CPU, relatively speaking… and i think it can be a problem… with BOC 4.12, sometimes, when playing videos, the video player would freeze…

it seems like BOC 4.24 uses more “CPU”, on my computer, when “prosecurity” is installed and running than when “prosecurity” is not installed…

i also tried “cleaning out” some other stuff which caused BOC’s CPU to drop a little more so that finally it was showing blips at 6% CPU (when “prosecurity” is not installed), which, incidentally, i already thought that BOC was running at, before, with around 6% CPU blips… right now, on my computer, it is flunctuating between 6 and 8% CPU, with the CPU blips…sometimes, 11% CPU blips…

I just installed BOCLEAN…and i must say i was impressed with its real time protection…

but i can’t afford to keep it cuz…it’s quite ■■■■■■■ system resources… (:SAD)
I wish they could make it more resource-friendly…

Redwolfe,
I’m not too concerned with the 22% as shown on task manager as it only a blip on the graph, and a drop in the ocean compared with some of the programs we run.
Just assumed everyone had the same, but I guess it may depend on peoples individual machines and settings as well, who knows?

Ashu,
Surprised that you find it heavy on resources.
I always remember what my son said a few years ago when he looked after 100s of computers for a big company…
“You can have a fast computer or a safe computer, but not both; it’s your choice.” 8)

Mike.

Ashu, Surprised that you find it heavy on resources. I always remember what my son said a few years ago when he looked after 100s of computers for a big company... "You can have a fast computer or a safe computer, but not both; it's your choice." Cool

Mike.

Your son is ■■■■ right!!! (:WIN)
But it think my NOD-32 id doing a fine job…
…and yes it is way way way low on system resources… (:KWL)

ashu