TVL Not Properly Sorted Alphabetically [V7B][M806]

Product version: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.308911.4080 BETA
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 32-bit running on VMware Player 6.0.1 virtual machine
Configuration: Default IS configuration
Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? No
Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed: MBAM Free, CCleaner
Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Open Trusted Vendors List and click on Vendors column to sort it from A->Z
What actually happened when you carried out these steps: The list was not completely sorted in alphabetical order. There are 9 vendors before the first that starts with “0”.
What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious): The list should be completely sorted in alphabetical order, started with vendors whose names begin with “0”. Also, there are some double entries with the same name that should not be present (“Intel(R) Software Developments Products” in the screenshot).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Siketa, it’s not sorting bug, 'cos names of selected vendors begins from space. The same is in CIS 6.3.

Nope. Those do not start with empty space…
I know it is like in CIS 6.3. But maybe no one has reported this before…
Here…check the screenshot…this one (Chinese) starts with empty space.

[attachment deleted by admin]

They really starts with space(s). You can see it in vendors.n file. In proportional fonts is a hard to see leading spaces. Chinese (Korean, Japan etc.) fonts uses method like monospace, therefore spaces well shown in it.

Well…I haven’t checked vendors file…could be…

Has anyone yet determined whether this is a legitimate bug? For the time being I have left this in the tracker, but if it turns out to not be a bug I would like to remove it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Ask the devs…

I have received feedback from the devs about this issue. Apparently, it is caused by some of the trusted vendors containing whitespaces before the first letter. Thus, this is what is causing the apparent sorting issue.

Thus, as this does not appear to be a bug, I will move this to Resolved.

Thank you.