TrustConnect servers in UK

I have a suggestion to improve performance and availability for UK / EU users of this service. Let’s please have a server here in the UK rather than relying on the flaky / constrained US server.

Another advantage of this proposal, especially for UK users, is that we will be able to access UK-only services whilst travelling overseas on business, due to a UK IP address for the VPN service. It can be extremely constraining not to be able to log into a site or service that identifies you as non-UK whilst overseas.

More countries / regions / or just their respective IP addresses could be added to the VPN service.

Ideally / ultimately it would be great to be able to choose at TrustConnect logon window which region / server to connect to. It would be a major additional benefit of the TrustConnect service and lead to more business for Comodo.

I this suggestion needs to be elsewhere, I would appreciate it if the moderator could duplicate / move it there, and send me an email to let me know. Many thanks!

Hi

The new TrustConnect access server will be located in the UK in the near future.

Great news Vadim. Looking forward to the official notification! :slight_smile:

New TrustConnect Access Server in the UK is available now!

Server name: uk1.vpn.comodo.com
IP: 91.212.12.67

Comodo TrustConnect allows you to select the TrustConnect access server you want to connect to, through its advanced options. Now you may connect to the server in the UK.
See how-to configure client here: TrustConnect Windows Client Configuration Guide

That’s great news! Just tried it out and it is much faster! :slight_smile:

How many TrustConnect Access Servers are there in the UK?

Thanks.

Trustconnect gives the option of 1 UK connection plus 2 US connections. As to how many servers there are actually working behind each connection I have no idea, but the UK is normally the best for me , since it is the nearest. Atlanta is much slower, but Houston is a real dog.

Hi Vadim,
I was wondering if you or anyone else who knows how I can change server addresses in an apple machine to connect to servers in UK? At the moment I can only connect to Houston servers (default server setting).

Thanks

how I can change server addresses in an apple machine to connect to servers in UK? At the moment I can only connect to Houston servers (default server setting).
Open `openvpn.conf` (located in ~/Library/Application/Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations ) and comment-out the lines regarding to us1.vpn.comodo.com and us2.vpn.comodo.com with "#":

#remote us1.vpn.comodo.com 443
#remote us2.vpn.comodo.com 443
remote uk1.vpn.comodo.com 443
remote-random

Thus, your client will connect to UK server only.

Hi dlimonov thanks for your reply and I tried what you suggested but for some strange reason I am still connecting to US servers. :slight_smile:

Possibly, you have another [b].conf[/b] file or it’s placed in a different location.
Please take a look here: ~/Library/Application/Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations/
or here: ~/Library/openvpn/ (it depends on version of Tunnelblick).
Also, you can rename .conf file that you’ve edited, for example, uk1serv.conf, and choose “Connect ‘uk1serv’” from the the drop down menu to make shure that you’re using the correct .conf file.