CIS6 Systray icon. Try to enable or disable firewall or behavior blocker flashes quikly and goes away making it unusable.
A. Can’t use disable firewall or disable behavior blocker from systray Icon in bottom right.
- What you did: It’s intermittent. I can exactly recreate the problem this way but it may happen another. I tried to launch virtual kiosk and it hung. I signed out and signed in. reset sandbox. Then tried to disable firewall or behavior blocker from systray Icon in lower right. It would flash for a second and show the screen that gives you a choice.(where you have a choice for how long) and then go away
- What actually happened or you actually saw: I was never able to disable the behavior blocker or firewall from the systray icon. I had to actually open cis 6 and go to advanced settings and disable them that way.
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected to Simply be able to run the firewall or behavior blocker off from the systray icon.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I signed out of windows 8 and signed back and reset the sand box and that didn’t fix .I did open the virtual kiosk successfully with the behavior blocker on and the firewall on. Then exited the virtual kiosk and tried again to disable the behavior blocker or firewall from the systray icon.it still wouldn’t work I rebooted. And after booting the first thing I tried was to turn off the firewall and behavior block from the systray and it worked fine. So it may be only after a hung kiosk it would appear. But I don’t think so because after using a system after a fresh reboot and not hanging a virtual kiosk or even using a virtual kiosk I was unable to disable the behavior blocker and the firewall from the comodo systray icon.I can’t pinpoint why. i discovered this bug when I discovered the ice dragon/firefox 17.01 flash plugin auto double sandbox bug. I want to disable the behavior blocker before I use ice dragon so flash works properly with webpages. but sometimes before using ice dragon and unknown or unspecific times I cannot use the syatray icon to disable the behavior blocker and have to launch cis 6 and go into advance configuration to disable the behavior blocker there before using ice dragon.as explained, and of course it happens the identical way on to totally different PC’s.
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
No there is nothing else running when it occurs. I did have outlook 2013 opened one time it happened.
It happens on both PC’s with same config in both scenarios I have explained.
- Details & exact version of any software (except CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):
Avast!7.0.1474 Free Av version, Superantispyware 5.6.1014
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen. Yes. Reboot and try to use virtual kiosk, if it hangs then try to disable firewall and behavior blocker in the systray and they won’t disable. I t definitely will happen after the virtual kiosk won’t open the other intermittent situation when it won’t work I cannot pinpoint yet
Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):NO
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).Screenshot not available since it vanishes instantly, Killswitch Log, And Diagnostic file attched
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues):
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active process list. If accessible, required for all issues:
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 6.0.260739.2674 Proactive
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:NO
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:NO
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):Defense+ Ticked enable enhanced protection, Firewall Settings, ticked block fragmented IP Traffic, ticked enable anti-ARP spoofing. Enabled Stealth Ports
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= SAFE, Sandbox= partially limited, Firewall = SAFE, AV = Not Installed.
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 8 x64,UAC Off, Administrator level account
- Other security and utility software currently installed: Superantispyware 5.6.1014, Avast!7.0.1474 Free version
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: none
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):NONE, But issue occurs on two different PC”S both running Windows 8 x64 pro, UAC OFF, Administrator accounts
12-21-2012 7:30pm i clicked ice dragon and forgot to turn off behavior blocker with systray icon. quickly clicked on systray icon while ice dragon was loading up and tried to disable behavior blocker with systray icon and it it flashed for a second and went away had to open cis and go into advanced settings for defense + and turn behavior blocker off that way.
[attachment deleted by admin]