To provide you better service, we are moving to a new data center on 8th August!

Dear our customers,

We are continuing to improve our Comodo Antispam Gateway infrastructure to provide you a better service. In this context, we are planning to move our current US data center to a new one on 8th August!

After moving data center, all of our US instance customers should make below configurations in order to continue using their ASG system without any interruption.

• Configure your firewalls and add to your Recipient Filtering or Transport Rules are 178.33.199.64/28 (EU) and 192.186.179.160/26 (US) to allow outgoing/inbound e-mail traffic.

• Could stay your DNS MX records same but you should refer to relevant servers by name for North America region: “mxpool1.us.spamgateway.comodo.com

NOTE: We do not recommend changing your DNS MX records during business hours as DNS records may take several hours to update globally. This may result in non-delivery or delayed delivery of emails while the global DNS update is taking place.

During the migration it may be possible to experience a brief service outage related to switch-over of DNS addresses and restart of services – but it does not exceed 15 minutes even in the worst case.

We wish you a better service,

Oytun Yavuz
Product Manager of Anti Spam Gateway
COMODO

How can we tell which data center we are on?

Comodo Antispam Gateway’s customers in Europe are hosted under OVH. I believe that USA customers will be moved also to OVH’s North America network (Canada or USA), but of course I cannot confirm that because I am not a Comodo’s Staff.

Either way, you can always check where a web service is hosted by using some online tools:

https://www.webhostinghero.com/who-is-hosting/

And type in the hostname you want to check, for example:
mxpool1.us.spamgateway.comodo.com

Regards,

OK, thank you. I will contact support for more info.
We are a US customer but hosted in EU.

Lou

We have two server locations for our CASG service, one in the US and other in the EU. You should use the server which is best suited to your location and your requirements.

The CASG service URLs are:

European Union
mxpool1.spamgateway.comodo.com
mxpool2.spamgateway.comodo.com

United States
mxpool1.us.spamgateway.comodo.com

You can check your existing server information to learn which data center you are on now by looking at the below link.

I read that you learnt your system Lou but even so I want to give these information to help all others.

If you need any other support, please let us know about it.

Oytun Yavuz
COMODO

Hi again,

I want to inform you that we had to postpone our US data center moving to the next week due to our new 3rd party data center’s infrastructure readiness. Our team is working on it with our partner’s team to provide a proper transition for you without any interruptions.

We apologize for this postponement. I will inform you again from here for the exact date in next week.

Kind Regards,

Oytun Yavuz
COMODO

Let me inform you about change that will be effective on Aug 17th. Comodo Antispam Gateway US infrastructure will be moved to the new datacenter.

Please, do not forget to ensure that following configurations are made to your infrastructure to continue using your ASG system without any interruption:

• Configure your firewalls and add to your Recipient Filtering or Transport Rules are 178.33.199.64/28 (EU) and 192.186.179.160/27 (US) to allow outgoing/inbound e-mail traffic.

• Could stay your DNS MX records same but you should refer to relevant servers by name for North America region: “mxpool1.us.spamgateway.comodo.com

NOTE: We do not recommend changing your DNS MX records during business hours as DNS records may take several hours to update globally. This may result in non-delivery or delayed delivery of emails while the global DNS update is taking place.

Oytun

Regarding IP rules, I found this one in my firewall for inbound mail from ASG.

50.23.158.192/26

That one’s been there for a long time. I suspect it might be obsolete, anyone know what it was for?

It can be remaining from one of previous ASG hosting footprints so we suggest you remove these older rules if you still have…