time synchronization [resolved]

I have just ecently installed Comodo Personal firewall. I have discovered only one problem that I am unable to solve. How do I configure the firewall to all “internet time synchronization”. I have not been able to connect to time.windows.com manually or automatically. I normally do not check the automatic box, but neithr works. I use Windows XP Home edition SP2 with Firefox as my default browser.

As long as you still have the default TCP/UDP Out rule in the Network Monitor, here’s all you should need to do:

Create/add a rule in the Application Monitor.

Application: svchost.exe (it should be in c:\windows\system32)
Parent: services.exe (same path)
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Direction: Out
Destination IP: Any, or you may use the hostname or IP address of the timeserver
Destination Port: 123

You may also need to create a similar In rule for svchost on that port.

LM

I had some problems too, so I tried a new address to update from, and it actually worked! Independent of Comodo Firewall. Perhaps you want to try, just copy and paste: time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov

Hope it works.

Thanks for both replies. The fix on the svchost did the trick, I also tried the alternate sync site and it worked also. Appreciate the responses :■■■■

Good to hear. :slight_smile:
I’m a bit surprised though, have heard of another guy - without Comodo Firewall - who also had problems updating time. And again, to me the difference was just the new server address, not Comodo. Anyhow, glad it worked out!

Great, this topic will then be marked as resolved and closed. If you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link) and we’ll be glad to do so.