This Video Explains it ALL

Like in KiS2010,

give an option in CiS we could tick
so any downloaded file would be automatically considered un-trusted…
then if a user would try to launch a downloaded file,
he would see this kinda error message

http://imgur.com/Bp9xJ.jpg

watch KiS2010 video here → http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lEwsyAuQGA

Good idea?

VERY bad idea…

1. With COMODO automatic submission, it is high probability virus would be already detected as there are always Malware Domain List youtube testers.
  2. With Comodo Sandbox feature, the virus would not infect the system at all as it acts like Limited User Account…
  3. If the file is unknown, and is launched, it will be sandboxed. So it is kinda untrusted.

What you would want is to deny access to even trusted downloaded files, which is counter productive, will lead to frustration and user who does not what to change etc will not able to access anything legit he downloads.

Just because Kaspersky Moderator on remove-malware.com forum thinks kaspersky is better than comodo because of one setting, does not mean it would be convenient to uninformed computer user.

oh dont get me wrong, that MOD banned me for no reasons,

is the most stupid guy i have ever seen

;D Good ol’ Dieselman… 88)
Sound quite like him…
Anyway, topic at hand…

Get a VmWare, load a XP or 7 on it, install Comodo and do a test. You will see that you have the same level of protection as Kaspersky, for free! Kaspersky has it shares of bugs too, and most of the time program version gets updated once or twice and that’s it, Comodo is constantly updated and improved. Sure it takes time, but hell, for free, what can we ask for more?! On Matousec it kicked Kaspersky’s ■■■, on MRG test in April it kicked Kaspersky’s ■■■… ;D >:-D
http://malwareresearchgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/MRG-On-Demand-Scan-Test-april-2010.pdf
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

For long many tried to undermine and bury Comodo, but team dedication, and community service proved that there are new sheriffs in town. Like it used to be, only one god, IBM… Look at it now…

:-TU

hey eSKRo, Comodo already has trusted and untrusted files ;D Anything thats not on the safelist\whitelist will be automaticaly run in the sandbox. You then have the ability to submit this application to comodo so that they can review it.

Don’t feel special - you have lots of company. :wink:

hahaha, thanx guys, Dieselman has major issues… needs a counselor…

Yes, you could do exatcly the same thing in CIS.
How? Open CIS, disable sandbox, go to more/settings/parental control and turn on “Enable password protection for the settings”, and then turn on supress antvirus, firewall and defense + settings. Enter the password you wish, and that’s it. Now try to open any untrusted file - no way, just like in KIS. So do not blame CIS if you instead doesn’t know all he can do.
Try and see for yourself, test any file from malwaredomain… and have fun :wink:

thats amazing atisha!!! :smiley:

No problem :-TU If you finds it more secure that way, why not?

Its amazing that u people find tweaks like this. How u guys do it ha??
IS it like necessity is the mother of invention??

we should then have an option to right-click on a file thats not safe

and select → Run as Safe

then a popup will ask you for your passsword,

and then the file would launch!!

:smiley:

Doesn’t that come under parental control feature? Not sure how it interacts with the sandbox though.

Nope!!

Well, there is another very good solution:
Enable password protection in parental control, turn on all suppress alerts - but leave the sandbox enabled.
That way, if someone starts an unknown application it will be automatically sandoboxed (therefore cannot harm the PC), but the user will not see that the application is sanboxed and he could not make that application safe/trusted. If he tries to go to my pending files to make it trusted he can’t since he doesn’t know the password. This could be called silent sandboxing, and someone may think that he is not restricted, but in reality he is, and he can’t do damage to the computer. This solution may be wiser for the parents… ;D

OK, I will explain how to launch any application without turning off passwords protection.
When some application is blocked, go to “view defense + events”, find the blocked application in question, then right click on the left side of the event window (under tab application) and you will get two choices - add to my own safe files, and add to blocked files. That’s it, pretty much same like in KIS, as I said. Obviously, you will need to enter password prior to entering defense + events. Enjoy :wink: