There is a problem with the encryption subsystem

I am getting “There is a problem with the encryption subsystem” at the bottom of the Comodo Disk Encryption window, and when I try to set a boot time password because I have not added one yet it tells me “Error: Unable to set the new boot message prompt!”. And now I can not see the one partition that I encrypted in the Disk Encryption window any more like I seen it there last night after I encrypted that partition but when I go to My Computer that partition is there, I was going to remove the encryption on that partition and see if that would make the partition viewable but I have not been able to because it is not showing up in the Disk Encryption window so I can remove it.

I was thinking of doing a reinstall but I did not now if that would just mess things up and make it so that I could not retrieve my files on the one partition that I encrypted.

I am running Windows XP Pro with all the new service packs and updates. :slight_smile:

Hi,

“There is a problem with the encryption subsystem” appears when the user is not authenticated. Please type your password at boot time, when “Enter the password:” boot message prompt appears.

As I can see it seems to be a bootloader problem.
You are not authenticated, you will not be able to change the boot message prompt, because you are not authenticated.

Please follow this link and fix the MBR: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_disk_encryption/how_to_upgrade_from_cde_10043_beta_to_124658_beta-t26743.0.html

After having MBR fixed, open COMODO Disk Encryption and use “Add encrypted partitions” tool, in order to mount the encrypted partition.