I’ve got the free version of Comodo in Clean PC mode, version 3.14.147648.588, windows 7 64 bit, a nvidia gpu + fairly last drivers.
When on fullscreen, comodo block the computer and user is blind.
Let me explain.
These times, I’ve got a problem with these higly reproducable scenarios under win7 :
- you’ve got a new game that Comodo don’t know yet, or your favorite game got patched. Just after when the game need the computer to go full screen, comodo block the first needed ressource and need user confirmation.
- I’m learning opengl. When my opengl programs recompile then goes fullscreen, since it’s an updated .exe, same problem.
So in this situation you only can push hard reset and scream “Comodo, ta grand-mêre la chauve en slip de bain” :
- You can’t see the Comodo popup.
- You can’t altF4 (I guess the windows focus is on comodo’s popup).
- You can’t ctrl+alt+supprr and kill the application (in XP you could, not under 7)
- You can’t alt+tab
- You have no mouse
- You can’t escape
- I’d like comodo to ask all authorizations BEFORE I go full screen (like err, I don’t know, like in magical disneyland where’s everything is nice and friendly)
- Or more reasticly, a quick and dirty solution would be hotkeys, like ctrl+espace+shift+F1 to say “autorize” and ctrl+espace+shift+F12 to say “go away”.
- Or to have this popup on a very very high display level so we can see it and clic it like in XP in half of the cases or ctrl+alt+suprr the other half of the cases.
- Or minimize everything when the computer display is under fullscreen.
There’s plenty of solutions.
I’ve got a i7 multicore and loads of ram (9Gb). I should be able to alt+tab anything at least !
This only problem makes me considering having another firewall, it’s comodo main bug that didn’t exist under xp and old comodo : you could alt tab i think, or pass the mouse anywhere and clic-clic-clic, hoping you push the good button. I remember I could ctrl+alt+suppr under XP…
Anyway, with today’s windows OS, we’re blind. So At least let us decide if the user authorize ressources after fullscreen mode or not.
Since Comodo is a recomended firewall for many gamers, I think you should do something.
I can and willing to reply to any questions you have, but remember I’m french so my technical english is limited somehow.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Version 3.14.147648.588, No AV (???), custom yes/no thingies (???).
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No, it’s CS3.
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: –
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: –
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): I don’t remember all my last year in Comodo but I don’t think I played a lot with the settings.
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV = : Network = Safe Mode, D+ = Clean PC, what is sandbox/I don’t use comodo’s AV.
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: win7 pro 64 + latest updates (i think sp1 +…), no UAC, admin user.
- Other security and utility software installed: AVG.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): no.