!!!!The latest version CIS4 can’t be installed in china !!!!!!!!

The latest version CIS4 can’t be installed in china?
It is said that Comodo is one of the best firewall in all over the world. So I choose cis_3.13.126709.581_XP_Vista_x32 for my window vista basic computer system. The feeling of using it for the past several months turns out to be wonderful, even for me, a Chinese.

But I come across with a new question confusing and annoying me since days before. When it updates for once, this software reminds me that the latest version CIS4 is available. So I download the CIS4 but I find it can’t be installed. I have restarted the computer system for thousands of the time following the installation of this software’s order. But each time it tells me that my system hasn’t been changed and the installation has been shut off before the time. In fact once the installation comes to the end for installing the kernel, the process becomes run back, translated to Chinese is “事实上当安装到最后,要安装内核时就开始回滚操作了”.

The error number seems to be 1603(I can’t remember clearly). Maybe it means the old version has not been removed completely. But I can’t find a way to make it.

Eagerly waiting for your kind resolution.

From sincerely a supporter from china

中文版(translated into Chinese):

Comodo不能在中国安装?

据说comodo是世界上最好的防火墙,所以我为我的vista basic 系统选择了cis_3.13.126709.581_XP_Vista_x32这个版本。几个月给了我非凡的使用体验,即使是对我这个中国人。

但是前几天我遇到了个新的问题,困扰着我,令我懊恼。当comodo更新了一次后,他提示我有新的版本CIS4可以使用了。所以我下载下来但发现无法安装。依照安装指示我重启了电脑系统千万次。但每次都告诉我我的系统并没有因为重启被改变,安装过早的被终止。事实上当安装到最后,要安装内核时就开始回滚操作了。

错误代码可能是1063,我记不大清楚了。也许是说旧版本没有卸载干净。但是我找不到可以卸载干净的办法。

急切的等待您们的解决办法。

来自中国的一个真诚的支持者

Welcome to the Forum, Royal002.

Did you uninstall the previous version first and reboot prior to installing v4.1?

you can also use comodo removal tool before installing new version.

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cleanup-tool-for-comodo-internet-security-t36499.0.html

yes,definitely yes, i did over and over again. i also used the comodo removal tool, but it also didn’t work out.

did you try to run windows in safe mode / erase comodo folder / run the removal tool in safe mode / reboot / run ccleaner / reinstall /

otherwise could be a problem with the microsoft installer ???..

Hi,

This is most likely a leftover of a previous installation.
Please download Regscanner here
And search for

Comodo
Internet Security
Firewall Pro

And see if there are things left in the registry pointing to the previous install.
As always make sure you have a backup of your system/registry before changing stuff in there.