The best Security for my system - please help me to choose optimal configuration

CMF 2.0.4.20 is no stable release because of the “Driver is not active” bug. Most users are not even aware of it, but you always have to open CMF to check after booting, otherwise it could be that you are not protected. Thats why I consider it still a Beta :wink:

Greetz, Red.

It’s still protecting you. Even if it shows “Driver not active” All you gotta do is to clear your prefecht files and reboot, then the RED X, turns into a GREEN tick ;D
I do it with Vista Smoker - works everytime (the only drawback - it’s not free :()

Shutting the cmf.exe process down in taskmanager, and starting CMF again is an easier solution. Clearing the CMF prefetch file or even the whole prefetch is not always working, I have tested that too. But I have to admit I didn’t test if CMF was still working when reporting “Driver is not active”. I will do that the next time :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Hmmm. 88) Haven’t tried your solution. Cos I always protect the termination of CMF with CFP 3 ;D

Hi,

thank all for reply.
I have one more q. - should i install WinPatrol Plus i im using Defense+?

I think they would conflict.

Besides if you already use Defense+ you certainly do not need WinPatrol.

Too many people over kill with protection programmes with big foot prints hours to scan I’m using BOClean Avast Comodo 3 & windows defender & Dr Alex for scanning & like the guy says windows defenders got bad press because it’s part of Microsoft but this programmes saved me a few times & will kick in before Avast.
Many people have problems uninstalling programmes completely so I suggest if anyone doesn’t want to play with the registry give Eusing registry cleaner a try also CCleaner you won’t regret it.

Dr.Alex ??? i know Dr Web :slight_smile:

don’t know if the OP still read this (what the hell is OP btw? :stuck_out_tongue: i prefer TS (thread starter)).
but i’m happy with CFP3 w/ Defense+ & avast 4.8 (:HUG)
well, i have returnil that i’ve never used & outdated DrWebCureIt :slight_smile:

OP = Original Poster :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Dr. alex is an freeware antispyware. Haven’t tested yet, doesn’t seem interesting.

Security setup seems ok, only kick out threatfire, ad-aware and spybot.

But as you visit bank sites and stuf I sujest you install Verification Engine

Xan