Texting plan with CMS

I have installed the latest CMS and setup the anti-theft feature but I currently do not have a texting plan with AT&T for my Galaxy Skyrocket android. My buddy that I setup does have texting.

In order for the feature to work, do I have to have a texting plan with my service provider? I opted out years ago when I had an iphone and I have just stayed with the same in order to keep my bill down. Thanks for any help.

Hi, mdanderson, in order to let the anti-theft work, you should be able to send and receive text messages. Currently most of the features in Anti-theft are use text messages to remotelly control.

Thank you very much. In the further, we will try to imporve it with others control methods.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Many plans today offer unlimited text.
upgrade.

I have no interest in texting and I am not paying $20.00 a month to AT&T for something I would never use.

You require text to have remote features on this and most other apps.

Other than CMS, I have not needed remote features requiring text on any other app I have.

you know you can still use texting right even if it is not part of your plan? You just have to pay per text (.20c), not a big deal if you pay a few dollars to get your phone back or protect your data.

I forgot about that. Thanks for the tip.